Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aditya1874

Indefinite Leave to Remain

11 posts in this topic

Hi all. As if the other problems re non EU doctors requiring work permits etc were not enough now the Homeoffice has announced that ILR shall only be granted after 5 years of residence on WP. This means that even for HSMP approved people we all need 1 more year... I was already on my 3 year extension so shall now probably have to fork out more money for a further 1 year extension.

Its NOT fair.

OOOH.Looks very fishy.I guess they are going to make alot of money form gullible IMG's going on HSMP then after a while say that this will not be extended for certain jobs which of course include medical jobs.I'm sure there is more to this and it won't be good.Most likely HSMP for four years then sorry we cannot extend,and yes you do not qualify for Ind Leave as you did not complete 5 years. >:( >:(

i don't understand why extend indefinite leave eligibility by a year to five years.there must be something.or it may be a new boss at work permits and hsmp who wants to make a change.could anyone shine some light on this.

Its official for 5 years hsmp.

But why?

Anyway We cant complain as it is not our country.

But i wonder how would it be given 1+2+2 or 2+3

It seems that they are all out to hunt.The breakdown is particularly important when somebody have 2 years SHO Posts or SpR posts.Its really tricky.The reason in the working inuk website says the 5 years on HSMP is due to european convention rules!!What a coincidence when they try to replace IMGs with EU Graduates.

nothing but another 'spin'to vacate the coloured doctors :lol:

long llive 'we are an equal opportunities employer'

time for some kind of protest I think..

yeah it seems that this HSMP is a big money spinner and things may end up as the unplanned plab madness where anyone could apply take exams,pay fees but eventually be asked to go back.i checked the home office website under this new 5 year thing.interestingly in the faq section it is mentioned that the main task is to protect the UK labour market which means locals and eu cousins.yes it is their country and we can't complain,who's going to listen.i'm sure the extra year extension can be used to generate much more revenue and also to restrict and send back people according to the local needs so meanwhile why not make more money through this WP and HSMP visas.get ready for a wild ride.

It's going to be entrapment i.e can't stay can't go home then humiliation i.e give all your money away in hefty fees then loss i.e get out.I'm going to keep away form websites for a while as I may seriousy get depressed.I'll just have a clueless stressless time till I get the visa refusal or letter saying 'you do not meet the criteria to remain'.It may not be such a bad thing going home.Good Bye.

I went to the home office website and also the faq site.It does seem that things are going to become very tough for non eu people in all fields of employment.Even for unskilled workers they say that the need is being filled by EU people and those outside will not be needed.This will also be applicable to all sorts of jobs,We can already see it in meedicine.not good at all.

Hi all. I spoke to the immigration solicitor who had got me the initial HSMP approval. I had asked if the new 5 year rule could be contested in court. He said that matters regarding immigration are to do with national security and so out of EU control.... so basically home office can do what it likes.

Does anyone have any idea regarding Indefinite leave to remain on Permit Free Training Visa?

Someone mentioned 10years of continuous stay on any visa, could make you eligible, is that still the case?

I think I read somehwhere that now it will be 14 years continuos stay