Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drshrikaanth

Tips for SpR interview for C&AP in Severn& Wessex

3 posts in this topic

Hello all

I have got an interview in Winchester coming tuesday for SpR post in Chilad and Adolescent Psychiatry. This is my first interview for SpR post. Is anyone out there who knows about the interview process here. please give me inof and tips. Its hardly a few days now and am nervous. Replies ASAP please

It is likely to depend on the post in question. Make sure you have visited the place and talked to relevent people.

Have some idea about basic clinical problmems and some awareness of important documents such as Victoria Climbie enquiry, Every Child Matters, NSF, Meadowes

Do you have some ideas about a research topic that you may want to undertake?

They will want to know what you are like, can you work in teams and also independently.

Be prepared for questions on strengths, weaknesses, how you handle conflict. You may be asked about confidentiality and other issues around working with families.

It is worth downloading and looking at the CAPSAC document on the Royal College site

Be honest, enthusiastic and above all, yourself.

Good Luck!

Hi there. I was recently interviewed for an Academic SpR post in CAMHS in Northern Deanery. So my questions may not be as relevant as the interview was slanted towards research. But here they are

1. Tell us of any interesting and challenging case in CAMHS and why?

Talk about diagnostic issues and management issues... multi agency multi disciplinary approach. You must convey with confidence that you can be a senior member of a team.

2. What are the challenges facing CAMHS today?

3. Clinical features of a child who sexually abuses?

4. Psychotherapy in CAMHS

5 Why a research post? What research projects do I have in mind? What problems do i anticipate? What is the clinical relevance of my research ideas?

6. Any problems I foresee in training?

Just be yourself... be confident... make them beg to want to appoint you... all the best