Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
garamsadhu

Freinds plz advise on Spouse visa!

6 posts in this topic

Hi friends,

I know this is a chill out zone but I want your advise on SPOUSE/MARRIAGE VISA.Iam an Indian doc working here in the UK for last 3 years and Iam getting married to a British Citizen in July 06.Do anyone of you know what documents we need to apply for a spouse visa in chennai, India? And is it the FA1 OR FA2 form you need to fill?How much time do they take to process ur visa?

Please help those who have been through the same process before, it will be greatly appreciated!

cheers

hey fella!

after you get married to a british citizen, the form needed is FLR(M) completed with marriage certificate, letter from your wife, her passport, job letter if she is employed and her bank statements. this is within the UK. i do not know bout the forms in India. sorry

do not know how long they take to process it in chennai. they do it over the counter in the UK. costs 500 quid here-the same as the others over the counter but descision is quick here. they accept any marriage certificate from any part of the world.take some wedding photos and wedding invitation as well. if you are doing it in chennai, speak to the VFS office and take all the documents necessary before you land there. makes your life easier. or, call the home office and speak to them. usually they have no clue about how a similar visa is processed in other countries. but worth a shout.

initially you are given a visa for 2 years then you get a ILR.

hi prince scorpio

i'm in kinda same situation

don't know the full details of your position but i'm living togehter with my partner...

if you have evidence to how if you have lived together for 2 yrs, u don't need to be married to get a partner visa

u get a 2yr probationary visa and if still together at 4yr mark, get ILR

this is from home office...

hope u find it useful

good luck with your marriage..

Thanks mate, thats fantastic,

Hope every success be your's, best of luck :)

Does anybody know about marriage registration in India? Do they make problems in issuing a marriage certificate if my wife is British citizen(parents are Indian and she has loads of relatives in India)?Are the rules different in my case?

If anyone has info on this please reply