Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kgab

Next general election

14 posts in this topic

Following MTAS, which party are you voting for at the next general election?

Iam not British so Iam least intreasted in who wins the election.No matter who is in power as an IMG I dont expect a 'fair and just' treatment from the system/gov.

Correction if you are a member of the commonwealth you are elligle to vote so if you are around by that time by all means feel free to vote :lol:

wrong section m8

I agree. This should be moved out of this section.

The forms are at the moment breaking my head.

Cheers

What about 'Other'?

I don't see the SSP listed anywhere

As much as the current government have screwed up being intelligent and right wing is just not possible, especially as a psychiatrist

Evan, the very opposite is true! You should read the Harvard philosopher Robert Nozick's 'Anarchy, State, and Utopia' and compare it to John Rawls' 'A Theory of Justice'. You might find that popular conceptions of right and left are deeply misleading!

The economic surge which Labour and Tony Blair have managed since they acquired the office is handsome and there is no way Tories or Lib Dem could match on that in next election.

Personally I voted for Lib Dem last time but that was purely for Labours foreign policy.Come this election I would go for Labour.

I also think that NHS reforms will bring good care to the patients and will make a fair and competitive environment for the doctors.

yes wot about 'other' for those who worry about an even newer labour and detest the blue of conservativism even if it appears to be a redder shade this time round!!

where is SWP when you need them eh? ;)

The 'handsome' economic surge was managed on the back of painful Tory reforms made in the early to mid 90s.  The only thing Labour ever did right was to give independence to the Bank of England so that it would never have anything to do with it again.  Since then they have messed up the economy like they have messed up everything else: inflation up, interest rates up, taxes up and gone to waste - great.  Oh and not to mention the failed war in Iraq, falling standards in schools and universities (which we now have to pay for), lack of prison spaces for dangerous criminals, erosion of civil liberties, erosion of the civil service, bungled up reform of the parliamentary system, failed social integration, lack of a coherent transport policy, and the cash for honours scandal right at the very top of government.   But perhaps you need to have your life completely ruined (as many of us soon will) by their half-baked and short-sighted 'policies' before you see the light.  Then you'll finally understand that you're nothing more than a statistic on a headline to Tony and Patricia, who are oh so qualified to be running the mother of all democracies from their sofa.  Their perverse notions of fairness result in the blind promotion of incompetence, creating a vicious circle of red tape and decline and a mass exodus of talent and free thinking from the public sector.  Which is no doubt why there is no one left to speak in defence of our noble profession, which has lost every shred of its age-old independence under this government.  Is it really any wonder that we live in a bland and disconnected society where people are proud to be stupid and uneducated, and aspire to becoming famous without work or talent?  If Labour is what intelligent people up North vote for, then God save the Queen!    ;)

My God---that is comprehensive but lets keep it simple...how about GB becoming the 4th biggest economy in the world...how about the increased weight which Britain enjoy in global politice only for the very first time since she lost the empire...how about increased per capita in this country....yes I agree that they enjoyed and built on the back of the painful deciscions taken by their predecessors but the key here is that they not only managed to sustain the progress but also earn the position of having the 'most successful chancellor this country ever had'.

NHS---well lets face it---it was a sinking ship...now doctors in this country are the most highly paid doctors in all the Europe and this has brought the insurge of talented doctors from all over the world...not to mention the high quality of training and service and also could you imagine a Tory Govt managing the shift of Psychiatric services from hospital to the community...the resources which have been produced to do so are certainly praiseworthy.

Tony Blair invaded Iraq on the back of a bunch of lies but this has benefited Britain`s ecenomy and lets face it...had they not managed to engage AlQaeda in Middle east....Europe would have been the battle ground...we all have seen the potential threat from within...this conflict has brought that threat to the surface giving a chance to tackle it and finish it from the grass root level.I understand this well because that is exactly what happening in my country Pakistan where a controversial engagement by the president against Alqaeda has brought in instabilty but a chance to cofront a more visible enemy.