• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drpardha

A Big Thank You To The Forum

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

Thank you all for the guidance given to me with my application forms. I am short listed for Dublin University Rotation. Interview next week.

Can someone please help with with what to expect at Roation Interviews and how to prepare. This would be my first such interview.

I really appreciate all my seniors' help!

Thanks in advance

Dr.Pardha

Some ques i remember,

why PSYCHISTRY

future plans

research plans

Changes in NHS how it will affect

what you will bring to this rotation

difficult situation how you handled

1.go through ur CV,

2.UR POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE POINTS

3.HOW WILL YOU DE STRESS WHEN U R STRESSED OUT

4.RECENTLY READ JOURNAL

5.INTERESTING CASE AND WHAT YOU LEARNT FROM IT.

these were some of the questions i was asked

you may also be asked about psychiatric emergency and psychotropics medications, whether you know the different hospitals under the dublin university rotation.

Thx Guys,

Anybody knows what they ask in Bolton, Salford and Trafford SHO rotation interviews??

Thx Guys,

Anybody knows what they ask in Bolton, Salford and Trafford SHO rotation interviews??

Have they announced the dates? i have applied and was hoping to get short listed

guys

pls maintain eyecontact with everyone in the room concentrating on the person asking the question

make a small pause before you answer a question extempore...

good luck...

u need it....

;)

My interview questions for SHO rotation (with a different scheme) included

case scenario - you notice that a social worker in your team keeps turning up smelling of alcohol, what do you do? (whistle-blowing)

discuss an interesting case you've recently seen

why psychiatry

components of clinical governance

Thx a lot

Hi Justme, Can I request you to explain the answer to the case scenario please?

thx again to hariv and others also

it's about 'protecting your patients from risk of harm posed by another Dr's, or other health care professional's, conduct, performance, or health, inclucing problems arising from alcohol or other substance abuse'

- GMC Good Medical Practice 2001

You can also find this on the Royal College booklet Good Psychiatric Practice 2nd Ed, page 38

Basically say you would be quite concerned as the S/W's conduct may be putting your patients at risk, and that you are aware that you have a professional duty to inform the employing authority of your concers, following any procedures set by the employer.

It was discussed in this forum under Psychiatry Jobs & Training Schemes, page 3 I think, under 'Help with SpR interview questions please'. The last 2 posts in that thread by Neopallium & Carefree are particularly helpful.

Thank You all for the continuing support...

I worked as SHO in Cardiology, then A&E and 4 months Psychiatry in India before coming to UK. In UK my experience is only in Psychiatry for the past 9 months.

I have read somewhere in the forum that the panel views this in a negative shade. Is that true? If so how do I come through it?

Plz advise

it is postive or negative depending on how you are able to market yourself

on the postive side you can say u have worked in diff specialities, u have med experience which ufind invaluable in psy (as many psy pt have cvs probs)

on the neg side they might grill u on why did you keep shopping specialties...

its all how you are able to convince them

More on the positive side,

You can say you wanted to widen your experience in general specialities like A&E and cardiology to make you more confident dealing with physical complaints while working as a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist is sometimes the first port of call for patients for example in rehabilitative psychiatry, some long stay units in forensic, learning disabilites or even during community work. Of course the experience would be invaluable in the speciality of old age psychiatry where a good solid base in the physical specialties would put one in quite a confident position in the overall management of patients.

Good luck.

How do you handle conflict in your MDT regarding patient management?

I find it difficult to answer this....can anyone shed some light please