• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mechu

help

6 posts in this topic

hi all,

People talk about training recognised staff grade jobs and Royal College says no staff grade job is recognised and trusts should not mention it in their job description.

comments please

yes

there has been lot of confusion about this

we have a staff grade in our trust

i know she is very keen on giving the part 2

unfortunately cannot get it recognised for the part as being in a training post. she hasnt been able to

but on the other hand my trust has advt another staff grade job and are claiming it to be recognised for part 2 ??

I have come across similar situations where staff grades in 'training posts' were having difficulties in getting their training recognised by the Rcpsych.. I am not aware of the Royal college talking about staff grade jobs which are 'recognised' for exmas.Have they mentioned anything about such posts on their website??

This could have been a clever way of getting docs into middle grades 1-2 yrs back or whenever this 'recognised staff grade posts' were introduced.

We should call up the rcpsych and ask them about these posts!!

Do we need more confusion in this already muddled health system :-?

I don't think there are 'training' or 'recognised' staff grade jobs.You will have to send your weekly time-table to the Royal College for approval if you want to sit for the exams.I have been told that they look for regular supervision, and opportunities for CPD.Each job will be considered on its own merit.

dear doctors,

am sami an iraqi resedent doctor in psychiatry working in iraq and studying in the iraqi and arabic board of psychiatry since 6 months.

i want to find a place outside iraq to study and work but am not oriented.

can you give me advice?

dear doctors,

am sami an iraqi resedent doctor in psychiatry working in iraq and studying in the iraqi and arabic board of psychiatry since 6 months.

i want to find a place outside iraq to study and work but am not oriented.

can you give me advice?

hi sami

just today i read internation psychiatry journal by the royal college which might help you the college has made an iraqi sub committee (ISC). they have quite a few plans.

for more informatioc contact:

dr majid al-yassir the chair on : Majid.Al-Yassiri@swlstg-tr.nhs.uk

all the best. i must warn you that the times are difficult to come to UK for imgs