• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sands73

shortlistings in future

4 posts in this topic

This message was forwarded to me by one of my friends. This explains why Yorkshire Deanery has sent letters saying that they are reconvening to shortlist again. Well I have another 4 months to pack my bags!

CHANGES TO IMMIGRATION RULES

Junior Doctors

The Department of Health has announced changes to the Immigration rules for the recruitment of Overseas Doctors and Dentists. The Permit Free Training Visa currently issued to Overseas Doctors in Training Posts will no longer be used. The changes will mean that Trusts will have to prove that a 'home-grown' doctor cannot fill the vacant post whether training or non-training.

All future adverts for junior doctor posts will contain the following paragraph 'Priority will be given to EEA applicants'.

On receipt of applications, Medical Staffing will split into two piles, 'EEA' and 'non EEA'. If there are sufficient EEA applications to cover the number of vacant posts, only the EEA pile will be sent for shortlisting. In the case of their being insufficient EEA applicants, all applications will be sent. If a non-EEA applicant is selected, a full report on the reasons why an EEA applicant has not been selected will be required in order to satisfy Work Permits Regulations. The cost of a Work Permit is currently £153 which the Trust must pay.

I take it that all employers will now have to remove their banners stating that they are 'equal opportunity employers,' and replace it with 'we positively discriminate on race.'

Just out of curiousity on a flippant note, does Israel come under EU, cos it is in the Eurovision Song Contest. What about Turkey? Is there a list of EU countries?

If I can provide any shred of comfort to IMG doctors, the discrimination policy only comes into effect if we assume that there are UK graduates applying for jobs. Where I work, 75% of the SHOs are from overseas and very few of the newer SHOs are home grown.

In future I will call up the medical staffing 2 days before the closing date, to check what the EEA pile looks like, before sending my application

but the question is how many EU candidates will chose psychiatry and not 'Brain surgery' and 'heart surgery' when its become so easy for them to get jobs here.Obviously there is more money in surgery,medicine and paediatrics than psychiatry!!

Talking about paeds, one of my friends who is in paeds told me tht there has been a huge surge in numbers of EU docs choosing paeds!!