• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RAAJIANAND

Funny story

11 posts in this topic

I recieved a funny email from one of my

friend...who dreamt of a develpoed India...where the

salaries are highest paid amongst the world...John and

Sam are medical graduates from the UK and the US

respectively...trying to clear Indian entrance exam to

get a job in India as a Medical Officer...there is a

fear amongst them as the Indian Government has

announced the rules that only after giving preferences

to Indian, Nepalese, Pakistani, sri lankan and

Bangladeshi medical graduates,they will give jobs to

graduates from other countries...John and Sam are

worried now as they might have to work in remote

villages of North-east or tribal areas of Gadchiroli,

Bastar and Bihaar...but they are still ready to work

in such places where no Indian or SAARC graduate

wants to go but even that is difficult as many of

their colleagues from US and UK are competing for the

jobs in such remote areas of India......

HUMOUR -healthy defence mechanism

I hope this becomes true,that will be my happiest day!

aditya may i ask what visa are u on ,, most likely hsmp,, jsut wondered why would u worry if that is the case. i have looked at various forums and the posts in there and frankly i find the sour mood very uspetting ,very few have actually looked at the problem from the point of view of how it affects holders of different types of visas, instead people seem to prefer to mourn thier luck well in advane ,,why dont we start changing that and look at how being on hsmp work permit adn PTF affects each indivdual

Hi Cyclothymic!

a week ago, i would have said exactly the same thing! But unfortunately, I have HSMP visa & it has still affected me. I was shortlisted for an SpR interview, but they have un-shortlisted me, sending a letter apologising for the inconvinience & upset it may have caused! I had already started preparing for the interview, so u can imagine how much 'upset' it must have caused me!!

Anyway, they seemed to think that even though i had HSMP, i only had limited leave to remain in the UK, not unlimited & that is their argument.

so you see, its gonna affect us ............doesnt matter how far ahead in your training you are......

i got shortlisted and chosen over a british candidate ,,in al hoensty he was given a job too but i came first and i dcided which one fo the two jobs i wnat ,, how come?

Hi Guys. I am from Pakistan and I believe that its a matter of time before India reaches that level of professional excellence. When that day comes I will pack my bags and work there. If it doesnt happen during my time then I will make sure my kids go to India and get better training. At the moment the predicament I am faced with is one that thousands of other asian doctors are facing too. I hope it works out well for all of us but if it doesnt then lets not forget its a big world out there. With hard work and determination we will always find a place for ourselves. we always have in the past. If nothing else works then I will have the comfort of knowing that I still have pakistan where I am the top dawg.

peace

fantastic peechoo,

thats the spirit mate!

Lets try our best to get jobs and the degree here, and there is a whole world out there to explore.I was slightly upset in the beginning when the new rules were announced and later I thought wot the f***! If I dont stay here in UK, I will go to my gr8 country India and get into NIMHANS, Bangalore.Its the grandad of british psychiatry ;)

hi cyclothymic, congrats! was your shortlisting before 1st of april? If so, then maybe the DOH rules hadnt kicked in yet......in any case, thats whats happened to me, they sent me 2 letters, first to say i was shortlisted, next to say i wasnt coz of the DOH ruling.......this was 2 days ago.

but good for u, u got the job in time!

Ill keep my fingers crossed for mine.......hopefully someone will appoint me!!

Hi Cyclothymic

For your kind infornation-I am NOT on HSMP visa and in the middle of my SpR training and the current rule doesn't personally affect me.

But that does not mean,things happening are good.

If you are sensitive enough,have some self respect and come out of your ' i am safe' attitude, you will realise this issue is not just immigration rule.

cyclothymic...

none of us are secure...

please do not for one instant think we will be considered over a local grad....

we won't be....

this is from personal experince...

mine and others....

if you did get the job on this instance congrats and all the best of luck for u in the future...

but please do not harbour any false hopes....

[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

aditya

good story wish it comes true soon....

alhough i don't the idea of us acting the same way as this ungrateful system....

good story nonetheless...