• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RAAJIANAND

BAPIO protest

11 posts in this topic

Are people aware of the 'BAPIO PLANS PEACEFUL DEMONSTRATION IN FRONT OF DH' on April 21.

Does this info needs disseminating?

probably does. if you post the details with venue, that would be useful to all

Friday the 21st of April at 11.30 is in front of

Richmond house, Dept of Health (Richmond House

is located at 79 Whitehall, London, SW1A 2NL).

Nearest tube Westminster.

What are we doing nearing up to the demonstration?

We will have at least a thousand doctors in front of Department of Health on the 21st. This will be a demonstration of doctors that Britain has never seen before.

Petitions will be submitted to the department of health on the day.

Media coverage: Hospital doctor has agreed to come with their photographer. Dr. Umesh Prabhu tells me that he has got Sky TV coming. Thanks Umesh. We will get more British and Asian media.

We hope to have plenty of Placards

I will need volunteers on the day to be stewards.

I do not think we have had a lot of donations. A demonstration of this magnitude will incur expenditure. Please do donate to this good cause. Please go to the BAPIO website and become members. It will also give you guidance how to make donations.

We are having a meeting with Presidents of 15 other international doctors associations tomorrow seeking their support.

Dress code: We hope every one to come decently dressed preferably in full suit.

I have no doubt that every one will behave well on the day. Many of us are upset and angry. If we shout or make a scene the media may turn it against us. We are the ambassadors to our countries.

It is now or never. Take part in demonstration in large numbers. Talk to your friends. Write to your MP's. &nbsp:lol:iscuss with your local friends and homegrown doctors. Many of them are supportive of this cause. Those of you, who have not sent the paper petition to me, please do it urgently.

Our President Dr. Ramesh Mehta is back in the country tomorrow. We will have a meeting as soon as possible then to finalise the plans.

Long live BAPIO

Dr. Satheesh Mathew

Consultant Paediatrician

Newham University Hospital

London, E138SL.

Ph: (W) 0207 363 9274

it seems a good idea for all of us going the WELL DRESSED SUITE and make it ESSENTIALLY PEACEFUL and maintain the dignity of our motherland and the good name that international doctors scored among the british public over the past 52 years .

Let the govt think of an alternative solution to the problem rather than just punishing us for deciding to come to Britain.

we should be thinking realistically.we are immigrants and any odd behaviour by us coould destroy this righteous cause and destiny of thousands of doctors.

we should make sure that everybody behaves in constructive,mature and peacefull way and listen to the people leading the demonstration.

we should respect our dignity and make syure not to attend it while drunk( there can be some people---)

all dressed in suits and this is time to behave as the last generation did while making demonstrating for indias indepenedence under mahatma gandhi.

i might sound idealistic and unrealistic but to be very honest-problems and situationjs change ,causes change slightly but the context remains same-history has declared this again and again.no cause is small.

Hi paritosh

To compare Gandhis mission with this one sounds funny. This is the way of the world.When the NHS needed us to fill in the gaps they welcomed us with open arms and now they dont need us. If they had any sense then I dont think such drastic changes would have taken place at all. I think they mean business and we should brace ourselves for the worst. I am from Pakistan where the psychiatric services do not exist. India on the other hand has institutions like NIMHANS and a few others where one could try starting a career. I am missing daal paratha and paalak paneer already.

i'd have loved to join the protest but i have my osce the week after the protest...

i have already joined the BAPIO...

guys try and maintain your good nature i.e. calm and peaceful...

our views will be heard...

there is an atmosphere of pessimism but we should be optimistic....

we will survive this and more...

good luck....

think most docs don't know about BAPIO...

i certainly din't until last month....

that is when i joined them...

will have to think of way to let people know...

NIMHANS has been quoted often in the CAfe.

NIMHANS is even more restrictive than the NHS despite the new rules. Despite having a postgraduate qualification in Psychiatry from India, I have more chance to get a job in UK than in NIMHANS. NIMHANS although prestigious and an excellent institution is even more elitist than UK. Substantial seats are reserved for the local state and most MD seats are picked up by internal DPM Candidates. I hope it adds perspective.I am sure that some people will disagree.

hi peechoo.i agree with you.i do miss daal , parantha and all stuff of india.I even miss the people whom i dindt go along very well in past.

about gandhi,i mean ideology which fits in all causes whethere small or big,it means intellegentia to see thngs with bigger perspective and respond in a way that hits the spot.it simply means thoughtfull and clear wayof doing things.

we all need to learn or refresh that in times of crisis.