• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tanushree

my first experience of legalised racism

42 posts in this topic

guys, I was shortlisted for the spr interview in the yorkshire deanery, but recieved a letter today saying that, due to the new immigration rules, all the shortlistings will be re-evaluated & I might not be shortlisted.

I am distraught :'(

please let me know what you think..........

has anybody else had the same experience? can someone do that? After sending an official letter saying I am shortlisted, can they say that they will not shortlist me based on the fact that I am not british?

This is obvioudly very serious.

Have u contacted them directly to check on what it means in practice?

Also.What is your status? HSMP, PFT or Work permit?

I think we'll have to get used to it pessimistic but thats the future only thing is that we may not get shortlisted at all.

hi there firefly,

First of all Iam very sorry what has happened to you.It might happen to anyone of us.were u short-listed before the rules changed??

Now on the other day when I sent my reply to the suicide thread posted by khuram, you were up against me in arms asking for a ban to be put on me.What I was trying to tell you all in my reply then was the same -'legalised racism' of which u have got a first hand experience now.

I think u were sympathetic to what the DoH did by changing rules ,as u were already shortlisted and thought u were out of danger!! I apologise if Iam wrong

What u have to remember is that no one is out of danger here and everyone has to feel the pain, be it SHO'S, staff grades or registrars or for that matter 'people short listed for Spr interviews'.

Iam not being harsh here, but want you to see and realise what the reality is!

cheers, hope u will get another short listing soon!! :)

hi mr scorpion common why r u being mean to firefly?what she needs now is sympathy not criticsm and u need to wish her best of luck in getting spr job not just being among the shortlisted candidates

OK MATE, I wish firefly that she be offered a Spr post asap in the best deanery in UK, but could u ask her to be loyal to her country and people and her roots and not change her ideas to suit the situation.

cheers!!

Hi Firefly,

If you are a member of BMA, then I suggest you contact them, they might be able to help you by writing to the medical staffing especially if the medically staffing is misinterpreting the rules. Secondly, ask the medical staffing to give this to you in writing, I think one of the doctors on doctors.net.uk forum is trying to gather evidence to show how the rules are being misinterpreted by HR depts. I wish you all the best

I have quit BMA 6 months ago as I felt it was a waste. One of my friends who is still a BMA member contacted BMA regarding this situation. They said-'we r closely monitoring the situation, and see how it is going to develop'! Extremely helpful of them! The situation is going from bad to worse day by day and they r still monitoring closely!

Dear Firefly

......Im not sure what to say other than the whole situation is ludicrous and appalling....Ive applied to 2 spr rotations recently and await a reponse...Im not sure what one does in such a sitn..I agree with docsimmis idea-give bma a go...i dont think they will be helpful...however.....

Hey guys! Thanks for all the posts..i was feeling depressed so went out to get drunk &  when i come back, i see too many answers to my thread & more than one unwelcome!! I guess u guys know who i mean............anyway, to make things clearer, i got shortlisted 2 days back & only today they called me to tell me that they were reviewing the shortlisting due to the new DOH rules.

so looks like ill just have to keep my fingers crossed & hope for the best!! :-/

By the way mr scorpion, the only reason I asked your offensive self to be banned was coz u said England was full of loose woman, people on dole & something else…cant remember what other prejudiced remark u had made! My shortlisting had happened much after I had formed that low opinion you & your disgusting self!! I don’t understand what you mean by being loyal to my roots & change my ideas to suit my situation, if u follow my threads closely I have been instigating people to do something – leave BMA or protest against them, join the silent protest.etc. from day 1 the DOH made these rules. I only protested against your offensive remarks & nothing else! Not that I have to explain myself to a low life like u, but hey! If u really think England has loose women & worthless men, then why do you stay in this country, Mr time waster? Go home to your 'roots', although I am pretty sure you have never & will never be true to any roots, no matter where u live….

Firefly,

I would say to keep your nerves strong at this critical time.you and we all are in the same boat.

I also believe on fate and the fact that its our next step which

determine our fate,so stick in there,fight and never give up.

It might sound naive but if not in this scheme then some where else you will do your higher training.

Good luck.

Miss Firefly,

I can understand the plight u are in at the mo, and after getting drunk u must be pathetic.But plz can u refrain your low self from posting threads when u are drunk!!

I dont want intoxicated people typing away their crazy ideas on the forum and that too directed to me.

Can I ask u a question, did u ever drink alcohol when u were at home with ur parents??

Thats what I mean by saying 'loyal to ur roots'- do ur parents and relatives know u are drinking alcohol? If not dont tell them cause thier hearts will be broken!

Hope u will grow up and stop ur childish egoistic self from hurting others here on the forum

best of luck :)

firefly this is the time to be very proactive.write and speak to your tutor,dean,bma,hr.invole as many people as you can.i feel that at this time of transition people can still get in before things become formalised.speak to and write to as many people as yo can.the rules come in after april.you were shortlisted before this and can be offered a job before july so ideally you should be selected.make people aware of this.don't rest a second.be polite and persisitent.good luck.

Miss Firefly,

I can understand the plight u are in at the mo, and after getting drunk u must be pathetic.But plz can u refrain your low self from posting threads when u are drunk!!

I dont want intoxicated people typing away their crazy ideas on the forum and that too directed to me.

Can I ask u a question, did u ever drink alcohol when u were at home with ur parents??

Thats what I mean by saying 'loyal to ur roots'- do ur parents and relatives know u are drinking alcohol? If not dont tell them cause thier hearts will be broken!

Hope u will grow up and stop ur childish egoistic self from hurting others here on the forum

best of luck :)

My problem with this gentleman's posts which i find continually offensive and not just this one is that he does not seem to respect other people's rights to readily express themselves, freedom to live their lives in so far as it is not against the law, disrepects profoundly the freedoms and rights of a country he supposedly wants to live and work in. Part of actually living in  a society like this and hopefully of having had an education is the ability to evaluate what you say, respect people and be decent.

Dear Aron,

I cant do anything right now as the Yorkshire people r going to re-shortlist & will only let me know before the 13th of april if I am not shortlisted for sure. I have an hsmp visa, so will keep my fingers crossed. Till they have actually said I am not shortlisted, I don’t think I can do anything, or can I? I am not a member of BMA anymore, having cancelled my membership due to their stance on the DOH ruling……not that I regret it one bit as I feel they wouldn’t have helped me anyway!!

So, as I said earlier I will just wait & keep my fingers crossed!!

Thanks for you support! :)

Thanks Toyota for what you wrote! I think that particular person should have realised by now that he is clearly the only one giving offense to other people & his posts are the ones unwanted, mine are welcome! He obviously cant justify the comments he made about loose women.etc. & hence he has stooped to making personal insulting comments about me…………drinking alcohol seems like a big bad thing for him, more so than being nasty…..bless his narrow minded soul!! We all know who qualifies for the childish egoistic title here!!  :lol:

He obviously doesn’t realise that I couldn’t have written such a brilliant insulting post if I was drunk!!heeheehee ;)

Hope this is going to shut him up forever folks………if it doesn’t, we can completely ignore him as if he doesn’t exist!!

I think u shld concentrate on doing what Aron has advised you to instead of being offensive urself.I dont care what people say but I know Iam an upfront person and am honest about how I feel about you.You may seem to be very sophisiticated, but u are not.so I dont care if u read my threads or not, cause I have already ignored ur existance!!

Anyway where u from??

hey folks just cool down

dont worry chicken curry

we indians or img s must stick together

:D

Firefly - I do hope that you have notified BMA news/hospital doctor etc. I think it's absolutely disgraceful how you've been treated. I have heard though that only Leeds candidates get the job!! :o

do you mean only leeds candidates have been getting jobs in the yorkshire deanery or is it a new thing now?

Leeds candidates did have an advantage in the past but I have known of people who have trained in other places also getting an Spr number. Of course now, things r different

dear firefly

i still feel that you should put something down in writting in response to the deanery's letter.it will serve two purposes.first you could clearly state that you are on a hsmp visa which does not require a work permit.a copy to bms will not hurt even though you are not a member.word the letter politely and briefly.when anything is donne in writting it demands attention and that is what you need now.you will not antagonize your chances.second reason is that enough momentum occurs to protect present trainees and give equal chance for progression your correspondence may come in handy.

this is the time to be as clear headed as possible.please do not mention racism etc.it is more an issue of protectionist moves.the best we can hope is that present trainees are protected.it may be a long shot but it is a neccesity.putting responses and requests in writting is very important.whatever you decide is best,good luck and i hope things will turn out well.

Dear firefly,

sorry about all the confusion in the beginning of this thread.

I dont know about the SPR interviews but SHO interviews have always been like that,only yorkshire candidates get the jobs.Its my personal experience cause I did my clinical attachment and also part of my SHO training in yorkshire, they always prefer their candidates.

This was in 2004 so Iam not sure how things have changed now, but as u know due to these new changes things must have really gone from bad to worse.I can remember one of the IMG sho's in Leeds rotation who did not even know to speak one full sentence in english walked through the interview to get the Spr rotation in Forensic Psychiatry just because her hubby was already a senior reg in the same trust and had very good contacts with the consultants.

I dont know what u make of this!!

cheers and best of luck!