• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cyclothymic

Re: secretray issue

15 posts in this topic

critical , u mean she bullies u ,, do this do that kind of thing,,or is she jsut poking her nose into ur private life,, marriage , finance ???

would certainly put a word to the consultant during supervision

this may save you enormous trouble in future

yes not a real bully but , asking about finance , marriage issues you are very right , which irritates me alot as i am not open with her , what if i discuss the issue with my consultant in supervision whould that help , i am worried he may take scretary side as most consultants in NHs are hen peck , they treat their seretaries as second wives. advice

sounds liek there is more to it that jsut that ,, anyway why not be tactful and use humour to pass a message to her ,, the message being its none of ur business, but actually i think that with her age she might not be very sophisticated but does care about u as a peron , pernally i think the worst thing is to rasie it up with ur consutltn , he ll propably think GROW UP ! cant u handle a middle aged sec who is propbaly bored stiff of her life ,, ???? its nice to feel that the office is a freindly enviroment , and i think u have a choice of how to look at her beahviour ,, either nice and freindly but not so sophsitaiated or u chose to be the mr formal doc in which case u can be honest with her

sounds liek there is more to it that jsut that ,, anyway why not be tactful and use humour to pass a message to her ,, the message being its none of ur business, but actually i think that with her age she might not be very sophisticated but does care about u as a peron , pernally i think the worst thing is to rasie it up with ur consutltn , he ll propably think GROW UP ! cant u handle a middle aged sec who is propbaly bored stiff of her life ,, ???? its nice to feel that the office is a freindly enviroment , and i think u have a choice of how to look at her beahviour ,, either nice and freindly but not so sophsitaiated or u chose to be the mr formal doc in which case u can be honest with her

I agree with Cyclothymic,

Humour is the best approach, or the way i approach it is as in PSYCHOTHERAPY CASE, turn the lime light on her..........

hope it has helped.

i think that good way to sort the problem out is to smile very sweetly at her and say that you're just not comfortable talking about certain things and that you like to keep the professional and personal sides of your life separate.

this has worked for me. remember, be nice to her and don't go behind her back, especially to your consultant. for one thing shos come and go but secretaries stay for ever. secondly she can (and probably will) make life miserable for you if you mess with her. finally she 's probably mates with all the other secreatries and you don't want a thing like this to follow you around your rotation.

good luck

I would still report it to Consultant knowing fully well that he/ she may not act. If there are further accusations against you ...you had atleast informed you senior way earlier

Why don't you ignore her. I can imagine it would be difficult to do when we have to deal with them on a daily basis. But still, since you are a male, you should be able to ignore her and she will get the message (hopefully)

I am not sure reporting it to consultant would do any good. It also depends on your relationship with him. If you think you have a better rapport with him than she does then perhaps it would give you some comfort if you discuss this with him. But then again, unless you are in your first job in UK, this does not sound like something worrying.

Tricky tweenies they are

i am at very good terms with my consultant , a friend and mantor , but abcde is right i deal with her diplomatically ,,she is old bore secretary ,,not very sophisticated (what a diagnosis) but dk14 is also right ignore her but that may come under bully if i ignore her

Ignoring is the best of telling people off. because it hurts the most.

Good Luck with the battle. ::) sorry. Just making fun.

Dear Zee1,

You choose a half naked man as ur pic on this forum and the note below ur profile says 'this is how I look' :o

So imagine a 50 year old sec. divorced after 3 marriages, gagging for sex, and everyday she see's you(probably not like on ur pic,lol), a young good looking man,so I dont think its her fault.

Why dont u start going to the hospital with unkempt hair, unshaven and crumpled clothes and see wot she says, if she still doesnt change her approach towards u, man she is in LOVE :o

Just kidding mate, just ignore her!

i think 2 people so far have really touched the root of the problem one is dk14 and the other gentleman prince scrpio , rest of the advices are also very help full but , prince scrpio is very near the truth , thats how i look and that is causing problem as i am out and about with lots of young blonde nurses for DVs and when we come back and give her long letters to type , she is pissed off , once i broght a pack of chocolates for her to calm her down but that acted as positive reinforcement and has aggravated the situation, tricky situation

Hi,

I am unable to find the first post in the thread so not in a position to advise.

I don't usually post on such threads but felt rather strongly that professional relationships are just that and should be kept as such.

No matter what  we think of ourselves in terms of  looks(which other people may not agree with and is a different issue altogether) etc I  think as doctors there is a certain professional dignity to be maintained.

hi

so are u trying to say , you are George Clooney look alike n you cant handle this women...

sweetey why dont u send me your snap n I will take care of her... :lol:

r u in to older women , she must be you mum age . i am not near george clooney i am an ordinary guy.