• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Addy

HSMP New Rules

17 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

The new changes to the immigration rules have worried me and I am not sure if people have looked at them. There is a post on this website about the fact that HSMP is not going to be given beyond 3 years. I've noticed something else.

There are lots of new rules listed on the indhomeoffice website. When I went through them, I found that people like me, who entered the UK on a visitor's visa to give PLAB and then converted to HSMP, are not eligible for extension of the 1 year period.

Which, if true, means that we would also need a work permit if we want to stay beyond the 1-year period.

Reading through their copious lists of changes to the rules, and the various categories and subcategories, this is what came across to me.

Has anyone else looked at the new rules and noticed the same thing ? Or have I missed out a subparagraph somewhere ?

Please help, I'd really appreciate it.

Addy.

AS FAR AS I CAN UNDERSTAND IT DOES'T STATE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.. MAY BE TRY TO READ IT AGAIN AND I BELEIVE THINGS WILL BECOME MORE CLEAR. DO'T PANIC... EXTENSION WILL BE GRANTED. TA.

Hi Addy you may be right but it is only for doctors applying for the HSMP from permit free visa. Read the following text from home office website carefully, it says 'in case of a person who has leave to remain as postraduate doctor or dentist'. If you are on HSMP you will are ok. No changes seem to have made to an extension of an existing HSMP permission.

The following text is from the statement of changes in Immigration rules dated 31/03/2006.

135DC. The requirements for an extension of stay as a highly skilled migrant in the case of a person who has leave to remain as a postgraduate doctor or postgraduate dentist or trainee general practitioner are that the applicant:

(i) entered the United Kingdom or was given leave to remain as a postgraduate doctor or a postgraduate dentist or trainee general practitioner in accordance with paragraphs 70 to 75 of these Rules;

Rules 70 to 75 does not include our vistor visa for plab!

I dont know what changes they are going to make before we extend. This life really sucks!

WELL, THE BEST THING WILL BE TO CALL UP WORK PERMITS IN THE MORN ING AND CONFIRM WITH THEM. BUT TO ME, STILL WHEN IT SAYS.. OR WAS GIVEN LEAVE TO REMAIN AS A POST GRADUATE DOCTOR.. MEANS WE ALL ARE ELIGIBLE FOR EXTENSION. AS ALL OF US WERE GIVEN LEAVE TO REMAIN AS POST GRADUATE DOCTORS AND CHANGED IT TO HSMP..

BUT STILL IF THERE IS SOME MISINTERPRETATION.. BEST THING IS TO CALL UP HSMP.

TA.

yeah it is probably worth checkng this with them

btw has anyone had any problems getting their HSMP extension in the past few weeks???

babe

Hi everyone

check this out, it was in the above link

'135DC. The requirements for an extension of stay as a highly skilled migrant in the case of a person who has leave to remain as a postgraduate doctor or postgraduate dentist or trainee general practitioner are that the applicant:..............

has the written consent of his official sponsor to such employment if he is a member of a government or international scholarship agency sponsorship and that sponsorship is either ongoing or has recently come to an end at the time of the requested extension; '........

I have no clue what they are talking about. does anyone else?

NO NEED FOR PANIC. THIS IS THE NEW GUIDANCE FOR HSMP.

EXTENSION APPLICATIONS

52. Under the HSMP arrangements, initial applications may be approved for a period of up to 24 months.

53. If you are a Highly Skilled Migrant you will, in the last month before the end of that period, be able to apply for permission to stay for an additional three years under HSMP.

54. You should apply to Work Permits (UK) at Cannock using the form FLR (IED) available from the IND website at www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk.

55. You will be asked to provide evidence of your economic activity during your period of stay in the UK and evidence of your personal earnings during the period, if you are employed.  If you are self-employed, a business plan and evidence that you have established a business bank account will suffice. If you have been active both in employment and self-employment then you should submit evidence of both. You will also need to declare that you and your family have not had access to public funds and have not received a criminal conviction. If your application is approved you will normally be given permission to remain for a further three year period.

56. If you have been granted permission to stay in the United Kingdom as a Highly Skilled Migrant for a total of five years and wish to remain in the United Kingdom on a permanent basis you can apply at the end of the five-year period for permanent residence. This is otherwise known as indefinite leave or settlement. The main criteria for settlement will be that you have spent a continuous period of five years in the UK (except for trips abroad of three months or less, totaling less than six months in the five year period) in a category leading to settlement.  You must also be able to demonstrate that you can continue to be economically active in the UK as a highly skilled migrant.

57. In addition those applicants who have been approved under HSMP and are applying for permanent residence as a highly skilled migrant will be able to amalgamate leave to remain under HSMP with previous leave from other categories that lead to settlement. For example if you had previously stayed in the UK with 2 years leave for work permit employment and then switched to the HSMP you would be eligible to apply for settlement after a further 3 years in the UK as a highly skilled migrant.

58. Further information on whether an immigration route leads to settlement can be found on the IND website at www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk. If you meet the requirements for settlement your spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same sex partner and children under the age of 18 will also be able to obtain permanent residence with you.

thanx for the clarity of ur message ssdean. I hope that should settle the issue

what about people who have got 1 year of leave in first instance and are due to apply now in coming months.how will they get the leave will it be 1+3 or staight away 4 years ?

It will be 3 and 1. This is because HSMP rules clearly state that it will be given max of 3 years at one go

Dear ssDean

i think your reply is as clear as it could be.I suggest members not to post messages without doing a bit of research.Roumors have been doing rounds and really upsetting and triggering panic reactions among IMGs.

thanks for the discussion guyzz..

anyone knows where i can grab info on new hsmp application form and points calculator..

i mean the 75 point one..

thanks in advance..

thanks for the discussion guyzz..

anyone knows where i can grab info on new hsmp application form and points calculator..

i mean the 75 point one..

thanks in advance..

75 POINTS? - IS IT EVIDENCE BASED ?

There is a consultation document in the home office website detailing the new 5 tier points based system. I dont remember the exact location but news archives(1st week of march) may be a good place to start. I am not sure whether you need 75 points, but I am sure you get points for age and for earnings specifically from UK