Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seshnim

Mums going back to work-Breastfeeding

8 posts in this topic

Hi

I will be going back to work, and my little one will be 5 months.  I wanted to find out if anyone is familiar with breastfeeding at work or expressing, and our rights at work??

thanks

)

I dont know the rules, but I dont think anyone has a case against what mother nature intended. Go for it. Make sure you use the 'good breast' ;)

hi

i tried to express after i went back after my first was 5 months. They were very accommodating. legally they have to provide you with a private space to do it.

i found though that the electric pump was just too noisy and embarrassing so i gave up!

but good luck to you and i hope you can overcome your inhibitions unlike me!

jo

Co-incidentally, I have a 5 month old baby too, and I'm back at work. I no longer breast feed but if I did, I would expect a quiet room where I could express uninterrupted. The NHS ought to be baby-friendly.

Justme

Hi

Thanks Jo an Justme. I'm back at work tommorrow, and will give it a try. :-/

Dark Angel

Hi dark angel

let me know how you got on, as i will be going back to work when my LO is 6 months old

Hi

They have been quite supportive at work, and I have a quite room I can go to . I agree with J, as it is a bit noisy, and embarassing. I am going to try to carry on ....

Thanks guys for the support and advice. It helps knowing there are others in the same situation. Goodluck Docsimmi, and when do you start work??

Dark Angel