Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
perumal

HSMP is insufficient for shortlisting

7 posts in this topic

hi all,

Currently i am on HSMP visa which expires on 31.01.07 and initially i was given one year HSMP visa. I have applied for a job which is from 02.08.06 to 06.02.07in my trust. My medical staffing are insisting that i should have the visa to cover my full contract period that is till 06.02.07 in order to get shortlisted and appointed. If i am shortlisted and appointed should my trust apply for a work permit in my case as i lack only six days of visa to complete the post or can i work for the 6 days when i am waiting for my extension approval which i would be doing about 5 weeks before 31.01.07.

As this is an urgent matter I would very much appreciate if u could reply to this mail in detail as soon as possible. if i dont get a job because of insufficient leave ill not be able to extend my hsmp. all this is interrelated now. im really very confused right now.

thanks

perumal

CALL THE HOME OFFICE MATE!!

DON'T WAIT FOR RESPONSES FROM ANYONE. CALL THEM FIRST, HAVE THE INFORMATION STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH.

then you are safe.

thanks for the suggestion but i spoke to the work permit customer contact centre yesterday and they said there should be no problem in me getting shortlisted with hsmp but he also said that in the end it all depends on the trust.

i think u should contact the bma as they r looking for an issue as urs to take it up with the doh and the offending trust. as far as i know they r looking 4 the hsmp to b treated as other proffessions.

Perumal,

Please ask your trust medical staffing to kindly give it in writing whatever they state are the reasons for you not being short-listed or not being considered for short-listing in the first place.Once you have this to hand your position is safe as there would be sufficient evidence on your side. Act FAST!!!

hey dude.. did u call medical staffing today regarding this..?

and howz prep for assertive outreach comin up... good luk :)