Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aparanjothi

HSMP RENEWAL??

22 posts in this topic

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/working_in_the_uk/en/homepage/schemes_and_programmes/hsmp/hsmp_faq.html

20) How do I apply for an extension to an existing HSMP permission or one close to expiry?

Extension applications must be submitted no sooner than 5 weeks before your leave to remain as a Highly Skilled Migrant expires.

Please complete an FLR (IED) form, enclosing the appropriate fee (£335) and documents (see page 10 of the FLR(IED) form). Your passport and those of any dependants must be sent together with the FLR (IED) form in order to be endorsed.

sorry

this is for people who are applying for an extension of HSMP.

thanks

How long does it take to get the extension stamped by home Office if all papers required are sent as instructed??

Hi. I sent in my FLRIED application with most paperwork... on 24 May 06

Acknowledgement letter dated 25 May 06

Still waiting mate

Its been 3 weeks today exactly

they do seem to be taking time.

Hi all

I got my FLR(IED) approval today with my passports and supporting documents today back today after 3 weeks of submitting it

Date of submission: 24 May 2006

Approved 9th June 2006

Endorsed on 12 June 2006

Recd back 15 June 2006

Hi everyone,

I have my first year HSMP until October 14 2006.

When do everyone think i should apply for extension?

Any help appreciated

not more than 2 months before your current leave as a highly skilled migrant expires... not before mid august

Not more than two month before the expiry and not less than 5 weeks before the expiry.

between mid august and end august contact leave to remain team on 0114 2076016

they are very helpful

Hi all

is there an argument that might make renewal of HSMP visa to be for four years morelikely as compared to 3 yr one??

any suggestions

i think almost everone applying for an extension now is getting 4 year extensions

Not more than two month before the expiry and not less than 5 weeks before the expiry.

Dear Trinity,

I want some advice from yourself or any one else?

To be economically active for renewal is there any cut off how much you should earn?

I want to stop doing on calls from August for personal reasons.

If I apply for renewal 2 months (In January 2007) prior to expiry of HSMP visa, which income will they take into account- 12 months preceeding the application or for 10 months preceeding the application on a 12 month pro rata basis?

Cheers

I'm not aware of any cut off for the amount you earn during the renewal period.

ofcourse it is counted initially for points calculation.

once you are onthe HSMP they expect you to work/contribute in your field.

are you worried you would not cross the 40.000£ mark.

SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM AS LONG AS YOU HAVE WORKED.

Although the HSMP renewal criteria does not specify any specific amount to be earned, I personally think that it is better to have an income greater than £40,000. You never know how things will be interpreted and you dont want a nasty surprise, especially in the present troubled times. Ofcourse if there are people who have renewed HSMP with income less than £40,000 then you could still go ahead but personally I am not aware of any such instances (nor instances of somebody not getting renewal because of earning less than £40,000.)

hi everybody,

i need help urgently. Currently i am on HSMP visa which expires on 31.01.07( extendable ) and initially i was given one year HSMP visa. I have applied for a job which is from 02.08.06 to 06.02.07. My medical staffing are insisting that i should have the visa to cover my full contract period that is till 06.02.07 in order to get shortlisted and appointed. If i am shortlisted and appointed should my trust apply for a work permit in my case as i lack only six days of visa to complete the post or can i work for the 6 days when i am waiting for my extension approval which i would be doing about 5 weeks before 31.01.07.

As this is an urgent matter I would very much appreciate if u could reply to this mail in detail as soon as possible.

thanks

perumal

Email home office ASAP and if you are a BMA member, contact the regional devision of BMA. Write/ Email to them and they would reply as that they disagree with this view and would offer referral to their solicitors. you can then show this and Home Office emails to the trust personnel.

Hello Guys,

coming back to forum after some time. had a long holiday and in the end awarded the membership ::) God is great!

I will be applying for HSMP extension. what documents will I need apart from payslips of 12 months, bank account etc. should I be working at the time of extension application and be able to send the contract.

Thanks a lot