Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drsathu

Certificate frames

13 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, Got my MRCPsych certificate this morning - quotes I have satisfied the examiners and hence elected to Memebership of the honourable college! Anyway, there was a leaflet attached detailing certificate frames for £29.95 including P&P.

Briefly searched on the web, there are a few other options available, but they are bit more expensive - not sure which ones to go for :-/

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated :)

I bought the frame that was advertised with the certificate. I went for the mahogany one, it actually looks very nice and has 'Royal College of Psychiatrists' enscribed on the bottom.

Thanks Elton Road, only teak and black finishes are available this time. I guess I will go for the teak one...

lucky people, discussing about frames for certificates

I hope a day comes for me aswell

It will Rohit, anyway i ordered one in Black.

Cheers

Just wait until after round 2 before you frame it. I had to completely dismantle the frame my graduation certificate was in in order to be able to take it to interviews and photocopy it. I'll be sending MTAS a bill!

Received the certificate just to feel unhappy that my surname spelt wrong on that. I have emailed the RCPsych explaining the same and requesting for a new certificate. Can anyone who had this problem before me, guide me in getting a new one in a best and easiest way?

Thanks

Why hand over another £30 to the college. Have they not had enough money from you.

I would rather disembowel myself than pay them for a frame. The cheek of it!!

Well said. It is the certificate that I am least proud of. Having slaved over it, and now they are proposing it will not be worth the paper it is written on. Should have concentrated my efforts into getting ST1.

I rather disembowel myself, take out my small intestine, wrap it round my neck and hang myself.

Hi GOMER,

Has it come to that? Hanging yourself? I'm very worried! I think life is worth living. :o

8-) Congrats psychedelic 79! It should be a very proud moment for you-seeing your hard work and dedication to the specialty paid out. It's time to 'psychedelic', man!

;) Hi psychedelic 79,

I forgot to ask: any interviews for the ST programme? It might be a good idea to take the certificate to the interview-after all, it's a living sign of your competency in PSYCHIATRY!

Why hand over another £30 to the college. Have they not had enough money from you.

I would rather disembowel myself than pay them for a frame. The cheek of it!!

Yeah, although it's not actually the college that you're giving money to is it? It's a framemaking firm. I doubt the esteemed fellows of the RCPsych sit around all day hewing wood and crafting gilded frames for the recent successful candidates! So really there's not much difference between getting it framed locally or sending off for the frame, just that it will have the RCPsych name at the bottom. So go easy on the hara kiri for now!