Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neeraj_Bajaj

MDU Vs MPS which one should I go For?

5 posts in this topic

HI

I will be starting as a staff grade shortly and would like to know what people think about Medical defence union or the medical prtection society.

Any personal experiences and which one should I go for? How much does it cost the MPS charges £365 :-X MDU has not put anything on thier website.

Don't let the price put you off - it is 100% tax deductible and a NESCESSITY to have some form of malpractice insurance.

MDU give you a lot of discounts for other services (check the website).

I am with MPS and only called once for some advice. They put me through to a doctor who seemed experienced and was fairly knowledgeable. The advice was quite generic but useful all the same. Thankfully I've never needed any more help than that!

There is quite a fundamental difference between the structure of MDU and MPS; MDU is insurance backed and you are guaranteed representation, MPS is not and operates at the discretion of their medico-legal advisors. However in practice any reasonable case will be taken on as they have lots of medical input to assess whether the mistake was within the realms of clinical practice or not.

the quotes for staff grade are

MPS £365

MDU £425

so which one is it then????