Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
corpuscallosum

Complaint? MRCPsych Part2

12 posts in this topic

Hi friends,

Want some advice. Took MRCPsych part 2 this Spring in London. Inspite of getting the letter from the College showing my eligibilty and venue my name wasnt of the hall list at the venue. After initial reluctance to let me take the exam they allowed me to take the exam in a different room and it started a lot later than others. My rest periods were cut down. The whole thing of 'negotiating with them' was very stressfull for me and affected my performance.

Has this happened with anyone else in any MRCPsych exams?

What can be done about it now? Do I write to some one?

I am fretting and fuming still considering the complete disruption of my life preparing for the exams.

Please advise...

Of course you write to someone!!!!

Write to the Examination people at the college. Surely this is an obvious course of action to take?

Demand to know why you were unfairly treated and disadvantaged during the examination. Do it now before your result comes out.

The Royal College never ceases to surprise me with their incompetence. I keep wondering 'What next!' Well, corpuscallosum, of course u should complain- I am surprised u haven't done that yet. Write to the chief examiner- part 2- the earleier u write the better- and of course- do it before the results come out. I had complained about my OSCE, which was very badly organised and affected me- and put in a complaint immediately without waiting for the results.

Agree with the responses. You should complain. But I would be cautious not to expect too much or may be anything in return. It will certainly make you feel better, not sure about compensating for the time and effort you lost due to this exam system.

I would not keep too much hope but definitely put it in writing.

Sorry that you had to go through this. They have no clue how consuming of our lives this exam is, do they?

Im sorry for what you had to go through, MRCPsych-2 does require a bit of luck to pass.

To pass with badluck one has to put extraordinary efforts.

As suggested above, i hope you have written to the examination section explaining what you had to go through. You may also request your tutor to write to them about it.

Wish you best of luck.

This seem to be a horrendous experience.I cant believe they are so incompetent.

You must take some steps to express your anger.I would actually mail the chief examiner and ask for an explaination.Not that its going to change anything but they should be aware of the F*** ups they create.

The way we get treated never ceases to amaze me.I flew back from Australia where I was working 2 years ago for an interview as I was told that there were SpR numbers on a particular rotation.As I was about to go into the interview I was told that there were only numbers somewhere else, that they had made a mistake and did I still want to go ahead ?

I'd have to agree with the general concensus that:

1. Put a written compalint in by letter and fax. CC to examinations dept and anyone from the list of high rankers at the college (sorry but the letter after q on the keyboatd is missing).

2. Don't hold your breath- you may get a letter back but generally minimal action unless you had stated that the college had broken it's contarct with you in which case theere would be a definate iisue of compensation- as i'm not well versed in the legalities i cannot say.

3. Continue prep until result as you would. Sometimes your view of performance can be entirely wrong (either way)

If you are writing you should state at the end of your letter a timescale in which you expect to recieve a response. You can express your anger and dissappointment and the fact you had sent in the money for the exam and have not received an adequate service. If you have the letter that tells you of where to go on the exazm day send that as an enclosure.

4. You could seek legal advice but be aware of future implications.

Thanks for your advice.

I e-mailed to the examination section's head and got a one-liner back that it would be passed on to the ESC. Dont know what that means..... :-[

Corpuscallosum

You need to be on top of it at all times.

I don't necessarily mean that waste a lot of time but do pursue it actively

i.e. Call the Royal college and ask to whom the letter has been forwarded to and who will reply to your letter eventually. don't hesitate to harress (call them) as often as you like and till the time you get a response.

Thinking that the college (or people there) may take offence and it may affect your results (for the worse) on the long run is total c***. The college has F****d up so many times and they do not realise the impact it has on us.

Yes matie... chase it up and speak to the dean if you have to.......oh, by the way, forward a copy of your latter to the Dean and the Chairman.

As people have said, don't raise your hopes too high but you do have a case i.e. you were disadvantaged by this hassle and being given shorter breaks affected your performance.

When will this College ever wake up and stop scre**** around with us.

Good luck

You might also want to Cc the letter to the chair of the Psychiatric Trainnes Committee (through secretary Kate Foster at the Royal College). I think a member of the PTC sits on the ESC but may be able to take the case up more strongly at the next ESC meeting if they have all the information before the meeting.

Good luck.

The Royal College never ceases to surprise me with their incompetence. I keep wondering 'What next!' Well, corpuscallosum, of course u should complain- I am surprised u haven't done that yet. Write to the chief examiner- part 2- the earleier u write the better- and of course- do it before the results come out. I had complained about my OSCE, which was very badly organised and affected me- and put in a complaint immediately without waiting for the results.

Sands 73, I'm curious to know what the college had to say?