Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deepaks

PLAB

13 posts in this topic

I cant understand why would GMC continue to conduct PLAB in foreign countries (twice a year) when the prospects even for local medical graduates in this country doesnt appear promising. What exactly is the intention and what is the MORALE? Does anybody in this forum have an idea?

I believe the idea is to provide every one with the opportunity to take PlAB.

GMC has nothing to do with providing jobs and they point it out very clearly.

Its down to individuals to decide whether they want to do it or not. This reminded me of old days (2004), I was asked by few of my coleagues about the job situation in uk and when i told them how difficult its becoming to secure a job and advised them not to come over to UK.

Well did they listen ? :lol: :lol:

I was their enemy number one for a while but i guess not anymore.

I still feel that PlAB should continue but then its upto individuals to make decisions.

Cheers

I was asked by few of my coleagues about the job situation in uk and when i told them how difficult its becoming to secure a job and advised them not to come over to UK.

Well did they listen ?  :lol: :lol:

I was their enemy number one for a while but i guess not anymore.

I can relate to that! I was not very popular with some of my friends for sometime, but not for very long, as they soon realised what I was on about

It was the same here.

They thought I was mis leading them.

However, no one did turn up as well.

Hope they realised it now.

ofcourse continue the process, but the GMC have a responsibility to ensure prospective doctors understand the situation as it stands.

In my opinion, conducting PLAB in foreign countries should be stopped, let it be conducted in UK as it used to be earlier. Going door to door and advertising PLAB will lure people into taking the exam despite knowing the job situation. Once a person takes PLAB, then he gets into the vicious circle of applying for jobs and getting disappointed.

Moreover, UK now is producing enough medical graduates to fill all the vacancies.

DKS,

I agree totally with you. continuing to conduct PLAB exams outside the UK is morally wrong and totally unjustifiable .

the GMC should stop tempting innocent doctors with the exam.

i agree with bobod

the no. has considerably reduced.

but they wont stop it

May i request that if any of you is a BAPIO member, please write to them suggesting that they petition the PM to stop conducting PLAB in India.

There is no reason for the PLAB not to be held in our home countries. Surely it is convenient and economical if somebody wants to try it. I think everybody should have the chance if they want to . Whether they want to come to UK and pursue further training is a personal choice which we can only hope that they make after careful consideration of the risks.

The only way the exam should be stopped is by natural selection, ie. not enough people to write te exam.

I wish the Royal College was as smart as the GMC.

If the membership exams were held overseas as well, it would

help those returning but not completed their exams.

Will it not be hard to sell the Sterling rated MRCPsych exam in the Indian Market.

I'm sure the college would have pondered on this.

But, it will help those of us who complete our training in the UK.