Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kam_252000

Trust unwilling to Pay travel expenses, Waht to do

4 posts in this topic

Hi there

I had been to Northern Ireland for a staff grade interview. When i claimed for travel expenses they told me that its not the trust's policy to do so but this was not at all mentioned in the inerview invitation. On the contrary they told me that they only pay the sucessful candidates, which was really rediculous. They had invited 9 people (or perhaps more) for a single staff grade post. The trust's name is sperrin Lakeland Trust.

I will be grateful if someone advise me on that.

Thanks a lot

Kam_25....

Was it a private trust ? Most private trusts do not pay for the interview expenses. I had an interview recently in the private sector and they did not reimburse the interview expenses. Was it a huge amount ? If not, then I suppose you can just forget about it. I don't think you can do much about it. Though it is very petty of them to do so. Are you a member of the BMA ?  If yes then perhaps you can seek advice from them.

Lothian trust (Edinburgh trust) owes me over £1200 and they have flatly refused to pay to me now. However I have firmly made up my mind to take them to the court and sue them. You can do that if it applies to you.

Thanks for replying

It isn't much (220quid) but it is really annoying. I think it is a private trust.

Well someone has advised me to write to trust's higher officials.