Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cleopatra

Harassment by a trust towards reimbursements

11 posts in this topic

Dear All,

I wanted your opinion on this matter. A trust I was working in between July 2005 - Feb 2006 owes me over £1200 for reimbursements and they have not yet paid me the amount. They have made me run around for almost 2 years and have been coming up with lame excuses such as - the staff dealing with my case have left the trust and 'we are working on your case' and so on.

I have proof of correspondence with them since - Sep 2005. I had written to them and had sent them all the tickets and receipts. I had written to them atleast 5-6 times and had sent the letters through special postal delivery services and I still have the receipts of the same.

I had also called them up several times. I can prove that with my phone bills though some calls were made from my hospital.

I have a few saved e- mail correspondences with them.

I wrote to them 2 weeks ago that if they failed to return me my money, I would take legal action against them.

Then they said that I had not filled up reimbursement forms (which I had not as I did not know. I was brand new to the NHS at the time. It was my first job). Then they sent me back the tickets and the receipts now - which only amounted to £194.90 !!!! and not £ 1209.77 which is the exact amount they owe me. How do I deal with them now ?

BMA?

I don't think that BMA is going to do anything. Cleo why don't you speak to consumer companies like consumer direct ???

re apply again after filling in the appropriate form, some will need approval of the consultant you worked for. Know how much you are eligible to claim in a year/6months.

it has been difficult for everyone to get reimbursement.

nothing happens with filling in a form and the bills.

is it towards removals or the study funds?

btw

whats chilling about this matter to be in the Chillout zone ;)

Trinity,

It was towards - Removals, interview expenses and other travelling expenses. But they have not even sent me all my receipts.

I assume that you have some proof of the date when you initiated the process of claiming expenses with them from your correspondence and that was in due time.

Hence they should have pointed it out to you to fill in the right forms at the time.

If they didn't do that or they didn't give you a copy of the policy for claiming expenses I think you can successfully sue them; take some legal advice though before you start the process.you might be able to do it in the small claims court where you pay £80 to initiate the process and you can represent yourself.if you win you get all the court expenses back but not necesarilly the solicitors expenses

Have you got copies of the original receits you had sent them or is the total amount of money mentioned in the correpondence from them?

I don't think that BMA is going to do anything. Cleo why don't you speak to consumer companies like consumer direct ???

BMA might have failed with MTAS.

But it may turn to be helpful when dealing in such matters.

No harm in giving a call if you are a member.

Cleo,

Can you tell us which disgusting trust is this ? Shame on them. I agree with Therapy just sue them.

what i would do- find an appropriate solicitor and discuss about the options.

Hey Princess,

It is the Lothian trust (Edinburgh trust). I have firmly made up my mind to take them to the court and sue them come what may.

It can be stressful Cleo all this court business. Hope you are aware of it. Anyway at the end of the day its your choice. Good luck. But I think we need people like you to 'mend' such people ;)