Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mind

Preliminary Discharge summaries

6 posts in this topic

I would like to an audit on the use of preliminary discharge summaries.

Any ideas.

Mainly to check if it is properly completed.

And the discharge plan is adequatly completed.

umm... thats interesting...

i might have an article on an audit that was done on discharge summaries a few years ago.. and they had like 10 criteria that they looked for in it...

if u want i can email it to you... IM me ur email... and i shall try to find it tonight..

Thanks.

I have emailed.

I did an audit on discharge summaries and discharge sheets (the forms that nurses fill in and fax to GPs after discharge)

It would be helpful to define whether you would audit the whole service or particular part of the servie i.e, old age psychiatry wards, general adult wards over a period of a few months.

I contacted some GPs in the area to have a chat about what they would like to see on the discharge summaries and which bit do they actually read and use. This helped me set the criteria

I did an audit on discharge summaries and discharge sheets (the forms that nurses fill in and fax to GPs after discharge)

It would be helpful to define whether you would audit the whole service or particular part of the servie i.e, old age psychiatry wards, general adult wards over a period of a few months.

I contacted some GPs in the area to have a chat about what they would like to see on the discharge summaries and which bit do they actually read and use. This helped me set the criteria

That was really helpful.

This is what I had in mind too.

i have seen such an audit presented

the problem is even after repeating it

there is not much improvement

i think if you have a good action plan to follow it up would be gr8