Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest omniol

Bored, bored, bored.

20 posts in this topic

I am doing an SHO post in liaison at a large London Teaching hospital. I am astounded how quiet it has been over the Yuletide period. For the last two days I have been twiddling my thumbs, avoiding what little paperwork I have to do.

What does this say about our patients? Is their 'insanity' on holiday too? Ok. ok there are still the same number of Schizophrenics and Manics occasionally appearing, but what does this say about roughly 80% of our workload? and what about our profession?

Has anyone else been having similar thoughts?

ps I know I will start complaing when it picks up again! :-/

Hi there,

Hmm......I envy you.I am working in London as well on a general adult ward.It is busy as usual (if not more)-admissions,tribunals,general ward stuff- AND everyone(staff/SHOs/consultants) are on leave and the work load has doubled for the existing ones.Can't wait for things to get back to normal. :-[

sorry radhika - bit insensitive of me. :-[

i suppose that your patient selection would/should be slightly different to mine.

hope your team return to your aid soon!

:o I have a feeling that all the moderately ill ones have come to the NW and they seem to know just when to attend A&E ie when I'm there. Hopefully they will all go down to Trafalgar Square for New Year

bored eh,

that would be 2 jobs on the trot,

change the record, boring, boring, boring

and do some work!

see u soon ::)

Also very bored ! Have attempted to do some reading and tried to do a home visit....it is silent as the grave up here in the offices. Maybe tonight will be busy...on call-lucky me!!

fancy swapping jobs ,anyone. Mine has been a bit of a non-starter ???, Consultant awailing maaaaaximum leave periods, dumping work , little supervision. could do with a nice ' boring' job for a while :lol:

So, stop moaning and make hay while the sun shines, coz' the sun ain't gonna shine forever ;) ;)

Just reading through this old post and I wonder

if there are bored people at work still now?

Just reading through this old post and I wonder

if there are bored people at work still now?

The focus has changed Euthymic. People have got other worries. :)

True Dede,

I can sense it.

so no one is bored really. ;)

Well, how could one be bored these days? We have the Superego-cafe!!

Absolutely

Superego cafe has been a big source of comfort during these very difficult times. It is nice to see how people empathise with others , share advice and information, fight and apologise.......................It feels good to be part of the SUPEREGO FAMILY 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Well, how could one be bored these days? We have the Superego-cafe!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one oreta

Well I'm bored.

I hate doing clinics away from the base. When patients don't turn up I have literally nothing else to do. Last week my first two patients cancelled on the day and the third patient didn't come. Big fat waste of my time. There's not even a computer I can use. Whoever had the room before me has left this one logged in so I am lucky today.

My clinic room doesn't even have a window for me to enjoy the sunshine.

What makes it even worse is that other times evryone turns up and all have loads of problems and won't bloody leave, I just wish people would make their minds up.

Ah well, I give my next patient 10 mins or I'm going home

Whoever had the room before me has left this one logged in so I am lucky today.
Identitiy theft?? ::)

I see: they've just found out about your identity theft and it took them no time to put you under the care of HMP.

What makes it even worse is that other times evryone turns up and all have loads of problems and won't bloody leave, I just wish people would make their minds up.
This is psychiatry we're talking about, right?

So what have you decided?

;)

Oreta,

Surely superegocafe is keeping you off the boredom :D

Well I'm bored.

I hate doing clinics away from the base. When patients don't turn up I have literally nothing else to do. Last week my first two patients cancelled on the day and the third patient didn't come. Big fat waste of my time. There's not even a computer I can use. Whoever had the room before me has left this one logged in so I am lucky today.

Where the hell are you working Paulie, if I may ask? :)

Have a nice time Pratish

Oreta,

Surely superegocafe is keeping you off the boredom :D

Well, I don't like sitting down twiddling my thumbs so, whenever I can, I come down to the cafe and try something new (the range of teas seems to be better, as coffees are not very varied. Unfortunately I am more of a coffee man. But still, the conversation with the patrons can be good).

Hot chocolate anyone?