Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
super7577

Doctors can nurse....

16 posts in this topic

I am sure some ingenious minds working hard at the Whitehall will be thainking of a solution to solve 2 crises simultaneously - allow surplus doctors to nurse after a 38 day course and solve the nursing shortage whilst providing an opportunity for doctors to remain in a caring profession... :lol:

:lol: 8-) :-X

Anything is possible -- you never know what they are upto ?

That is a good one!!

I can think of the next two years -

nurses taking up doctor's jobs (prescribing , assessing, out-patient reviews and so on) after two weeks worth of 'comprehensive and thorough' training which will be 'competency based'. As a result - there will be few doctors required and the vacancies of nurses will increase.

This will be sorted out by doctors taking up nursing positions , again after a comprehensive and 'competency based' training.What a perfect solution in which everyone , most of all the patients, stand to benefit.

Psych SHO's taking over as CPN's with shortage of jobs.

or take over Home treatment and Crisis team.

;)

I read about New ways of working for mental health professionals. It is going to be implemented in next 2 years. It says in final 2 years of training, SpRs (StRs) should be encouraged to take on care co-ordinator role.

www.newwaysofworking.org.uk

Doctors can't nurse, because we don't have a nursing degree.

will it not be possible to get some credits recognised and than to apply for magers jobs?

sorry I meant managers not magers

Doctors can't nurse, because we don't have a nursing degree.
Well, the NHS is moving more and more towards the KSF (Knowledge and Skills Framework) model, where people work according to what they know and are able to do, independent of their original degree. I'm sure doctors could be trained to do nurses' jobs...

The important quality they look for in a psychiatric nurse is whether they are good pool players. without this quality, you can never become a good psychiatric nurse especially in an inpatient unit.

I read about New ways of working for mental health professionals. It is going to be implemented in next 2 years. It says in final 2 years of training, SpRs (StRs) should be encouraged to take on care co-ordinator role.

www.newwaysofworking.org.uk

you read it wrong.  it started being implemented a few years ago.

what is the problem with being a care co-ordinator during your training if at the end of your training you are expected to be the supervisor of care co-ordinators?

Being a care cordinator will be a good experience.

It may not be an easy job though.

Being a care cordinator will be a good experience.

It may not be an easy job though.

What would make it so difficult? I've been care coordinator for many people in my career so far, and I haven't found any major problems...

Oreta,

I don't know.

It's my ignorance then.

But care cordinators present as if its tough job.

I think if you have a person with minimal needs (just enough to have a care co-ord) then it is a relatively simpler task, although lot's of paper work still. BUT if your client has complex needs (of the extreme end of the spectrum kind) then watch out... :-X