Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mind

Belief in God

13 posts in this topic

Following the recent post by anon, I wonder how many of us psychiatrists believe that God exists.

This poll will close on the 21st of April.

what about a third choice for wierdos like me who dont really believe in a god.. but have a long winded theory about gaia / morphogenetic intellgence and the like..

I was not aware of the third kind.

Hope this modification helps.

what about a third choice for wierdos like me who dont really believe in a god.. but have a long winded theory about gaia / morphogenetic intellgence and the like..

Hi Slarti,

Could you tell me more about this third kind.

It appears intresting.

Following the recent post by anon, I wonder how many of us psychiatrists believe that God exists.

Thanks for the results.........

Hi Slarti,

Could you tell me more about this third kind.

It appears intresting.

The Co-Intelligence Institute CII home // CIPolitics home

More on Morphogenetic Fields

Experiment 1: In the 1920s Harvard University psychologist William McDougall did experiments for 15 years in which rats learned to escape from a tank. The first generation of rats averaged 200 mistakes before they learned the right way out; the last generation 20 mistakes. McDougall concluded that, contrary to accepted genetic science, such acquired knowledge could be inherited.

Experiment 2: In later efforts to duplicate McDougall's experiments in Australia, similar rats made fewer mistakes right from the start. Later generations of rats did better even when they were not descendents of the earlier rats. This wasn't genetics at work. It was something else. Nobody tested it further.

'Experiment' 3: In the 1920s in Southampton, England, a bird called the blue tit discovered it could tear the tops of milk bottles on doorsteps and drink the cream. Soon this skill showed up in blue tits over a hundred miles away, which is odd in that they seldom fly further than 15 miles. Amateur bird-watchers caught on and traced the expansion of the habit. It spread faster and faster until by 1947 it was universal throughout Britain. In a parallel development, the habit had spread to blue tits in Holland, Sweden and Denmark. German occupation cut off milk deliveries in Holland for eight years -- five years longer than the life of a blue tit. Then, in 1948 the milk started to be delivered. Within months blue tits all over Holland were drinking cream, a habit that had taken decades to take hold before the war. Where did they get this knowledge?

Experiment 4: In the early sixties psychiatrists Dr. Milan Ryzl of Prague and Dr. Vladimir L. Raikov of Moscow hypnotized subjects into believing they were living incarnations of historical personages. Such subjects would develop talents associated with their alter egos. A subject told she was the artist Raphael took only a month to develop drawing skills up to the standard of a good graphic designer.

Experiment 5: In 1983 Sheldrake showed two difficult-to-discern patterns to a group of test subjects to establish a base line for how easily the hidden picture in each could be recognized. Next he showed 2 million viewers of British TV what one of the hidden pictures was. He then tested thousands of people all over the world. By significant percentages, they recognized the image shown on television; the percentage recognizing the control picture didn't change.

Experiment 6: Psychologist Dr. Arden Mahlberg of Madison, Wisconsin, created a variation of Morse Code that should have been no harder to learn than the standard variety. Subjects learned the real code much faster than his invented one, not knowing which was which.

Experiment 7: Gary Schwartz, Yale professor of psychology, selected 24 common 3-letter words in Hebrew and 24 rare ones, all from the Old Testament, all in Hebrew script. For each word, he created a scrambled version (as, in English, one might do by scrambling 'dog' to spell 'odg'). Then he rearranged all 96 3-letter Hebrew words (half real, half fake) in a random order and showed them, one at a time, to subjects who didn't know Hebrew. The subjects were just told these were Hebrew words and were asked to guess the meaning of the word in English by writing down the first English word that came into their head. After guessing each word, they were asked to estimate, on a zero-to-four scale, how confident they felt in their guess. Professor Schwartz then discounted all subjects who got any guesses rights (since that meant they may have known some Hebrew). Then he analyzed the confidence ratings from subjects who'd gotten every answer wrong. Not only was the confidence significantly higher with the real words than with the false words (regardless of subjects, words, or experiments), but the common words got higher confidence scores than the rarer words. Finally Schwartz repeated the experiment telling the subjects that half the words were real and half were false and asked them to guess which was which; the results of that were purely random. The patterns the subjects had recognized unconsciously, they could not recognize consciously.

What is going on here?

Sheldrake has hypothesized a field of morphic ('pattern-related') resonance in which patterns of knowledge, structure or behavior of a certain kind of thing (whether a salt crystal or a human mind) become increasingly embedded as a 'habit,' an ingrained pattern of information which influences and is accessible to other

Seriously Dude.

I believe in God...

Old theory...

'Aham Brahma asmi....'

I am the one...

I believe in myself...

a lower proportion than our patients. there have been articles on this sort of stuff published. try medline.

It's intresting info J. I will search that and see.

Solodoc,

Even for that intelligence to come about there should be a God.

This poll although represent a little fraction had more people who believed in God.

If God was not there why should so many people believe in God's existance?

:D

Solodoc,

Even for that intelligence to come about there should be a God.

Wrong thread:man, hence the delayed response

This poll although represent a little fraction had more people who believed in God.

If God was not there why should so many people believe in God's existance?

:D

P.S...People once believed the earth was flat............................and that the Earth was the centre of the Universe...............As I remember it someone persecuted Galileo for coming up with a theory against it it....oh yeah ,it was the Church :-X