Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rose_lotus

Things to consider while buying a house

12 posts in this topic

I would appreciate if people could let us know the minor/major things to consider whils buying

a house for we are very soon going to be first time buyers[unfortunately with one income].Prefer to buy a house in a nice locality with good grammar schools etc etc.

Many thanks,

size

affordability

old or new

potential for profit

neighbourhood

type of mortgage/financial advice

commute to work

conveyancing

other fees such as stamp duty, bank fees, survey, furniture

does it need work

Is there any financial support from the trust for first time buyers. I somewhat recall

that there used to be some sort of payment made by the trust towards solicitor's fee or stamp duty if you are a first time buyer !!!!!

DK

there is.in scotland you can claim up to £8000.00 in survey fees,stamp duty basic furniture and essential work like for flooring etc.you must have moved into a new post within 6 months.my friend who moved from sho to SG bought a house after 4 months and got 8000.00.unfortunately i moved after being in a SG job for over a year and could not claim.i think the rules for claiming are pretty uniform across most trusts.the key thing is to know when the cut of point is to be eligible to claim.

P PATH

what i meant was that each trust may have a cut of time from when you moved into a new home,after starting a new job.some trust may have within 3 months being in the new post and some may even have a year.another key thing is that you should have moved into a new post and this can be even in the same trust .so a SHO to SG, SG to AS,SHO to trust grade doctor, Spr to consultant. this benefit is only for those moving into permanent posts.hope this is clearer.

cheers

Would an SHO moving within a trust to an ST contract be eligible to claim costs?

Check whether the house you are buying is freehold or leasehold

[highlight]Things to consider while buying a house[/highlight]

Location, Location, Location  8-)

Cheers