Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
desai456

Chemical castration of paedophiles

35 posts in this topic

This came out in news this evening

Does anyone believe this is gonna be effective when they pilot it.. I wonder how r they gonna pilot it?? After chemically castrating a paedophile how do they plan to assess results?

Is it all testosterone driven or chemicals in a paedophile's brain are autonomously dictating his/her abnormal/violent tendencies...

isn't this topic better off in the cafe/case conference? :-/

metal illness, mental impairment, psychopathic disorder and severe mental impairment. Well paedophilia is a mental disorder.

High dose SSRIs are also used to suppress libido.

This came out in news this evening

Does anyone believe this is gonna be effective when they pilot it.. I wonder how r they gonna pilot it?? [highlight]After chemically castrating a paedophile how do they plan to assess results?[/highlight]

Is it all testosterone driven or chemicals in a paedophile's brain are autonomously dictating his/her abnormal/violent tendencies...

There are tests like the lie detector test and PPG (I think it stands for penile polygraph test)

There are tests like the lie detector test and PPG (I think it stands for [highlight]penile polygraph test[/highlight])

is it not penile plethysmography?

It probably is, that is just the local lingo :P

I was under the impression that paedophiles had a problem with their sexual orientation not their sex drive. This sounds similar to the trials of libido altering drugs for homosexuals in the eighties. *I think this is a bit of a base theory and is doomed to fail.

Anyone know of any other pilot schemes and if they have worked?

Sex offenders can be detained under psychopathic disorder if they fulfill the criteria 'serious irresponsible conduct'..etc. There are arguments for CBT being effective for those at the lower end of the risk scale. I don't think the evidence for antilibidinal drugs is any good

Surely either it is a crime OR a mental disorder?

no. Killing someone can be a premeditated criminal act or due to mental disorder

no. Killing someone can be a premeditated criminal act or due to mental disorder

does a person who criminally kills someone have a psychopathic disorder?

psychopathic disorder: a persistent disorder or disability of mind which results in abnormally aggressive or seriously irresponsible conduct on the part of the patient concerned.

Murder, or sexual offending, can take place due to the above or due to other factors.

Sorry? is that in response to what I suggested i.e it is either a crime or a mental disorder ( by it I meant sexual offence)

Sexual offending can also be a criminal act in someone who isn't mentally disordered or can be carried out by a mentally disordered offender

Yes is IT a mental disorder or a crime?

A sexual offence is obviously a crime and not a mental disorder. How could rape be a mental disorder? You are confusing the act with the perpetrator.

The person who commits a sexual offence may be mentally ill, leading to them being detained through the criminal side of the mental health act, or they may have no mental illness and therefore be given a sentence through the criminal justice system.

A sexual offence is obviously a crime and not a mental disorder. How could rape be a mental disorder? You are confusing the act with the perpetrator.

The person who commits a sexual offence may be mentally ill, leading to them being detained through the criminal side of the mental health act, or they may have no mental illness and therefore be given a sentence through the criminal justice system.

I agree with what you say. But what I am asking is, whether paedophilia is a mental disorder or a criminal offence? The acts you carry out UNDER that label are OBVIOUSLY criminal, but the thinking, is that also a mental disorder? And if so then what is the aetiology and management? I mean should it be under Psychiatrists? Personally I don't think so. As then it would mean every crime can be related to a mental disorder and we should be curing it? Am I correct in thinking that? :-?

We will soon be calling Peadophile mentally ill at the rate at which things are going.

Pls lets call a spade a spade! Peadophiles are criminals , just like robbers , muderers or rapists.

It is a criminal and deviant attitude that needs to be handled with all severity it deserves.

A peadophile is a potential rapist and muderer, but this of a little child who can in most cases not give evidence.

I am a parent , and im appalled by political correctness at dealing with these criminals.

A peadophile deserve most severe of punishment

Good way to castrate.

Wondering what the failure rate was? :o

Good way to castrate.

Wondering what the failure rate was? :o

Check the news!!!