Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
manjupanatt

when god leads you to the edge of the cliff.....

10 posts in this topic

Dear All

i might have posted a bit too much than i intended.  what i meant to say was only this much.  it was just to say - keep the hope alive.

When God leads you to the Edge of the Cliff, Trust Him fully and Let Go,

Only One of Two Things will happen,

Either He'll Catch You When You Fall, Or

He'll teach You How to Fly!! :)

patent goes to a post in indigo

I think this thread needs to be elsewhere. What has it got to do with 'support group for those with no offers'?

[highlight]When God leads you to the Edge of the Cliff, Trust Him fully and Let Go,

He'll teach You How to Fly!![/highlight]

I think this thread needs to be elsewhere. [highlight]What has it got to do with 'support group for those with no offers'[/highlight]?

At this painful time, it definitely helps to know that God will take care of things.

Only if you believe in it. I'd rather get by without superstition thanks.

Also if I did believe, I would be asking why God had led me to the cliff in the first place.]

This is not an appropriate thread for this area of the site IMHO.

Only if you believe in it. I'd rather get by without superstition thanks.

Also if I did believe, I would be asking why God had led me to the cliff in the first place.]

This is not an appropriate thread for this area of the site IMHO.

the interesting thing Cliff, is why anyone who is not interested in God feels the need to read this thread and comment on it...you surely cant respond to every post you dont agree with do you?..... i am not always quite sure why those who claim they dont beleive in God have to actively oppose the expression of those who do when we humans spend most of our lives ignoring things that dont really matter to us...maybe you can enlighten me.......

I guess because everywhere you look there are representations of peoples faith in God....it is present everywhere......

If you as believer saw symbols of athesim everywhere wouldn't you challenge atheism?

I personally challenge it....because I recognize that to me those beliefs are unhelpful....it is simply to me not scientific....and that for me is enough to convince me that God does not exist

It just make good sense to challenge things that are not true

faith is personal and as long as is tolerant of others' faith/non-faith we should respect peoples views; don't need to get involved

But you said that it's 'personal' -don't go there.....how is it accorded that privelige?.....

Religion . . . has certain ideas at the heart of it which we call sacred or holy or whatever. What it means is, 'Here is an idea or a notion that you're not allowed to say anything bad about; you're just not. Why not? - because you're not!' If somebody votes for a party that you don't agree with, you're free to argue about it as much as you like; everybody will have an argument but nobody feels aggrieved by it. If somebody thinks taxes should go up or down you are free to have an argument about it. But on the other hand if somebody says 'I mustn't move a light switch on a Saturday', you say, 'I respect that'.

Why should it be that it's perfectly legitimate to support the Labour party or the Conservative party, Republicans or Democrats, this model of economics versus that,Macintosh instead of Windows - but to have an opinion about how the Universe began, about who created the Universe . .. no, that's holy? . .. We are used to not challenging religious ideas but it's very interesting how much of a furore Richard creates when he does it!

Everybody gets absolutely frantic about it because you're not allowed to say these things. Yet when you look at it rationally there is no reason why those ideas shouldn't be as open to debate as any other, except that we have agreed somehow between us that they shouldn't be.

Douglas Adams

Human thoughts and emotions emerge from exceedingly complex interconnections of physical entities within the brain. An atheist in this sense of philosophical naturalist is somebody who believes there is nothing beyond the natural, physical world, no supernatural creative intelligence lurking behind the observable universe, no soul that outlasts the body and no miracles - except in the sense of natural phenomena that we don't yet understand. If there is something that appears to lie beyond the natural world as

it is now imperfectly understood, we hope eventually to understand it and embrace it within the natural. As ever when we unweave a rainbow, it will not become less wonderful.

GD-p14

Then there is no need to start a thread about it or advertise it either........but it's much more than that...it's untrue....& faith/religion is harmful

There has been too much inhumanity in the name of religion....look at the middle east/history etc...for me that'e enough to oppose it...it is just an excuse for intolerance.And I'll oppose those views....

He'll teach You How to Fly!!

Or it could have been a hallucination and you make a big splatter on the rocks below.

Just a thought!