Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ayan

ilr hsmp

251 posts in this topic

hi folks

i got my hsmp approval letter on 30 march 2006 but the entry clearance (stamped in the passport) was on 6 april 2006. would i be eligible under 4 year category.i am quite anxious. pls advice

It is categorically stated in the home office document that who ever received HSMP approval letter (admitted under HSMP programme) by the 6th April 2006. You can relax my friend.

Guys I am getting conflicting info over an issue. I know some one who was on a work permit for 2 years, then PFT then HSMP and used his WP towards ILR.I was under the impression that if one had PFT between WP and HSMP then they could not count the WP towards ILR.

ANy ideas guys?

Guys I am getting conflicting info over an issue. I know some one who was on a work permit for 2 years, then PFT then HSMP and used his WP towards ILR.[highlight]I was under the impression that if one had PFT between WP and HSMP then they could not count the WP towards ILR.[/highlight]

ANy ideas guys?

thats exactly what i thought..........it has to be 'continuous'

:-[ :-[ :-[

I thought I almost got them there hahhahaha

Guys I am getting conflicting info over an issue. I know some one who was on a work permit for 2 years, then PFT then HSMP and used his WP towards ILR.[highlight]I was under the impression that if one had PFT between WP and HSMP then they could not count the WP towards ILR.[/highlight]

ANy ideas guys?

thats exactly what i thought..........it has to be 'continuous'

peechoo, WP and HSMP need to be continuous. 100%sure

PFT visa period has never been qualifying period for settlement at any time. Hence the period spent on PFT will not be counted. But WP definitely yes.

PFT visa period has never been qualifying period for settlement at any time. Hence the period spent on PFT will not be counted. But WP definitely yes.

the point here is that WP and HSMP should be continuous.

It shouldnt be interrupted with PFT (which happens with most of us).

If somebody is on WP, then PFT and then on HSMP, the time spent with WP doesnt count towards ILR.

Thanks Buddy for clarifyin that. Its bad news for me but at least I now know that I have to wait for another 10 months.

If I have a query about the rules for the ILR under this ruling, where or whom should I contact ? Any clues? thanks.

If I have a query about the rules for the ILR under this ruling, where or whom should I contact ? Any clues? thanks.
Just bumping this up, anyone any suggestions?

Home Office
thanks, i did figure that, maybe i need to be mire explicit. anybody or any address/email in specific?

Ok I'll be more direct. Has anyone contacted the BIA for any queries regarding their particular personal circumstances and the effect on application for ILR? If so, whom did you contact?

the point here is that WP and HSMP should be continuous.

It shouldnt be interrupted with PFT (which happens with most of us).

If somebody is on WP, then PFT and then on HSMP, the time spent with WP doesnt count towards ILR.

Hi Guys

I am not sure where this info has been gathered.

The rules state that you have to be resident 'legally' for a continious period of 4 years but nowhere is it stated that you cannot have WP then PFT followed by HSMP.I have exactly the same combination and the home office clearly stated that i am eligible to apply.I have an appoinytment on 9th July ans will let u guys know the outcome.

[highlight]9H Highly skilled migrant under the terms of the HSMP indefinite leave to remain (ILR)

judicial review policy document If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 4 years’ continuous

stay in the UK under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) and other appropriate categories, in addition

to the relevant documents in 9A, you must provide the following:

If you are self-employed, you should provide evidence of the progress of the business.

If you were given leave in other categories leading to settlement before being granted permission to stay

under HSMP and would like this stay to be taken into consideration in your application for indefinite leave to remain, you

should provide details of the categories involved and the periods spent in each of them.[/highlight]

Thank you guys.You saved me £1200.I had an appointment on 09th July to apply for ILR.I have one year permit free training between work permit and HSMP.I have just clarified with HO and they said i cannot apply.

many thanks again

Would you phone and cancel the appointment then so that someone can get it! We have been struggling to get one

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Quick question. Im eligible to apply for ILR and Im collecting the evidence to prove economic activity. I work through a limited company therefore all my payslips etc are emailed to me by my accountant. Will the homeoffice accept computer printouts or must they be original,stamped,letterheaded etc.

Cheers

P60's for the last 4 years is sufficient to show you were economically active

P60's for the last 4 years is sufficient to show you were economically active

As a limited company I dont actually receive P60's.