Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naderyakoub

Who is Sitting Part 2 this Autumn?

13 posts in this topic

I still haven't sent mine off! Do I detect a touch of ambivalence in my subconscious?

Ros,

do you have 50 pounds to give to the college....?

come on!

we need you on the boat! ( speaking from experience as it was great having you around for part I...)

;)

Thanks, Godzilla! A boat may well be the only way I can get my application posted today! :lol:

Now this is wiered, what is the premis behind this????

I fail to understand

If people can remember the college has posted the list of where each candidate is going for their part 2 clinical on the web without asking for peoples consent

Has the college no consideration for our confidentiality????????

They may be trying to save the Royal mail stamps, specially after a recent change in the envelope size fees !!!

A very good advantage of this is the ability of candidates to download the application form online, as it is the case with any exam in the world. We may be a bit too far from an online application system where by you can log in and check the progress of your application. It is so simple, you can be asked to put your college number, last name and DOB for example to add more security. This should take you to a secure area where you can check your application, allocation or whatever. This also can be used for exam results.

Hope college members who read this can raise this point with the RCPsych.

NY

I got to the Post Office with my application, to discover that because of the flooding, there are no deliveries or collections in or out of Sheffield at present, and they don't know when they will recommence. They are apparently trying to get Doncaster sorting office to take over! I got a proof of posting slip that is clearly stamped 26th, and I will just have to take it from there. I really don't want to pay the College another 50 quid. :P

Bring on on-line applications, NY, that's what I say......then I remember MTAS...... :-?

I think applying for an exam online makes sense but applying for a job online although can work in some countries (USA), English peoplee found it difficult to cope with

Now this is wiered, what is the premis behind this????

I fail to understand

If people can remember the college has posted the list of where each candidate is going for their part 2 clinical on the web without asking for peoples consent

Has the college no consideration for our confidentiality????????

Well almost certainly it's to save paper, postage, packing and, ultimately, money.

If every candidate needs both an application pack and a confirmation letter that's about £1.50 each. If there are 800 candidates that's £1200 saved immediately plus a few rainforests.

Sounds a good idea. As for confidentiality, who is likely to be looking, and what do you think would be the problem?

Sorry- just had to post this...Paula Matthew's answer to my dilemma about the Sheffield Post Office Flood.

The Human Face of the Royal College....Who would have thought it?

Dear Dr Wood

[highlight]Thank you for letting me know about this. A proof of posting certificate with today’s postmark on it is fine.[/highlight] And hopefully it will arrive shortly. Acknowledgments of receipt of applications are available to view on the College website. Have a look at this within the next few days but certainly give me call if you don’t see your name there by the middle of next week.

Best wishes

[highlight]PJ[/highlight]

PJ-Is this you? Are you having a laugh?? :lol:

Sorry- just had to post this...Paula Matthew's answer to my dilemma about the Sheffield Post Office Flood.

The Human Face of the Royal College....Who would have thought it?

Dear Dr Wood

[highlight]Thank you for letting me know about this. A proof of posting certificate with today’s postmark on it is fine.[/highlight] And hopefully it will arrive shortly. Acknowledgments of receipt of applications are available to view on the College website. Have a look at this within the next few days but certainly give me call if you don’t see your name there by the middle of next week.

Best wishes

[highlight]PJ[/highlight]

PJ-Is this you? Are you having a laugh?? :lol:

a big one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well surprise, surprise, College phoned me wanting £50 because my application arrived late and they had no record of Paula's e-mail to me. I had to go into work on A/L to fax them a copy of the proof of posting. Still, my name is on the list now (gulp) with 741 others....we must be mad to do it at this time.....Good Luck, Everyone!

....we must be mad to do it at this time.....Good Luck, Everyone!
Maybe you should change this on to we must be mad not to do it this time ;)

You'll be the last group of doctors sitting the last Part II. You're making history!! :)

Now back to to your revision :-/

Good luck all!