Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bless

DCP ireland

13 posts in this topic

hi friends,

Can somebody tell me how much it might cost to get this DCP from ireland.Exam fees,Visa,Stay for 3 days,another fees after passing? etc etc----

DCP is aimed at attract GPs and the cost of exam is 780 euros and 200 euros for the diploma itself. if you go using the ferry no one usually checks for the visa and the cost of accomodation really depends on what you are willing to pay

DCP is aimed at attract GPs and the cost of exam is 780 euros and 200 euros for the diploma itself. [highlight]if you go using the ferry no one usually checks for the visa[/highlight] and the cost of accomodation really depends on what you are willing to pay

Anyone willing to risk??  ;)

DCP is aimed at attract GPs and the cost of exam is 780 euros and 200 euros for the diploma itself. if you go using the ferry no one usually checks for the visa and the [highlight]cost of accomodation really depends on what you are willing to pay[/highlight]

Interesting  ;):lol:

Don't mind giving the exam.

Anyway I will have to give up training at attaining MRCPsych with the current situation.

I need some qualification at the end 18 months in Psychiatric training post anyway.

DCP is aimed at attract GPs and the cost of exam is 780 euros and 200 euros for the diploma itself. [highlight]if you go using the ferry no one usually checks for the visa[/highlight] and the cost of accomodation really depends on what you are willing to pay

I must caution you about that.  i know of a friend who accidently took a ferry to dublin instead of belfast and was caught.  they stamped no entry in his passport.  this was a genuine mistake and times have definitely changed.

But, why do we need to cross the ferry.

Visa will be available from the embassy.

I don't think it is worth jumping onto a ferry to take DCP.

Early awakening ::)

Trying to fill up forms, but end up here.

I guess the best way to circumvent the visa issue is to fly to Belfast, and then hire a car and enter ROI by road... The border controls are virtually non existent if you are driving...

my friend used to be an SHO uptil last year... everyone in their hospital used to go to dublinfor shopping and bollywood ... no one ever got checked...

as for airports and ferries its definitely worth having a visa if u are going that way...

I must admit though I went to ROI by mistake in 2002 september without a visa!!!

I flew from Swansea to Dublin for an interview in County Omagh (northern Ireland)

I had a choice between flying to Belfast or Dublin and in my state of complete ignorance i decided on Dublin... You can well imagine my plight when midway through the flight I heard people talking about the time they had to waste to get a visa, and realised that i am flying into a blimming separate country...

I was literally shi***ng in my pants when I reached Dublin , but luckily I just walked past immigration and they didnt check my passport ... But its definitely not worth the risk...

I look back on that episode and just cant help smiling.. I must say thanks to those lovely big breasted middle aged women who were on my either side and made me look as a youngster in their touring party :lol::lol:

Early awakening ::)

Trying to fill up forms, but end up here.

hey best of luck mate

I guess the best way to circumvent the visa issue is to fly to Belfast, and then hire a car and enter ROI by road... The border controls are virtually non existent if you are driving...

my friend used to be an SHO uptil last year... everyone in their hospital used to go to dublinfor shopping and bollywood ... no one ever got checked...

as for airports and ferries its definitely worth having a visa if u are going that way...

I must admit though I went to ROI by mistake in 2002 september without a visa!!!

I flew from Swansea to Dublin for an interview in County Omagh (northern Ireland)

I had a choice between flying to Belfast or Dublin and in my state of complete ignorance i decided on Dublin... You can well imagine my plight when midway through the flight I heard people talking about the time they had to waste to get a visa, and realised that i am flying into a blimming separate country...  

I was literally shi***ng in my pants when I reached Dublin , but luckily I just walked past immigration and they didnt check my passport ... But its definitely not worth the risk...

I look back on that episode and just cant help smiling.. I must say thanks to those lovely big breasted middle aged women who were on my either side and made me look as a youngster in their touring party  :lol:  :lol:

docpurrs .. just inquisitive

how did u get back?

well i came via the dublin airport only... ::)

but the fun didnt end there coz by the time i reached back to swansea airport i was totally tired (it had been one long day)... and wen i was passing thru swansea trying to get on to the motorway , i got totally lost (it was a wet september evening/night)...

police pulled me over coz apparently while looking for signs i has been driving reeal slow and straddling 2 lanes... they said are you Ok ??? and all i could reply was... yes officer, thanks... I am looking for signs to the motorway as i am not frm this area... I have just flown back after an interview at............ AND I TOTALLY WENT BLANK!!!

just couldnt remember where i had been :lol::lol:

i am surprised they didnt breathalyse me ;) ;)