Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neeraj_Bajaj

BMA American Express Card any good ??

9 posts in this topic

Hi saw this BMA american Express card what do people think I use a normal platinum amex but saw this one with some more perks !!

I have heard you should be careful, you start out with 30,000, suddenly you're left with about 15,000, and there is no protection or support from the BMA.

You may end up losing you're house/friends/career if you do not keep up your repayments, and even if you pay regularly, you'll still probably end up shafted.

;)

Don't know anything about the card though....

Usually BMA card interest rates are astronomical- check out the competition on money savingsexpert. The 'perks' have never been anything I'd want, and I think they've got a cheek saying they've done a lot of work to get very competitive rates for their members... >:(

The main perk is the cash back of 3% but it has a ceiling of ? £1000 I think. After that the cashback comes down to 0.5%. Thats why I did not apply for it.

Usually BMA card interest rates are astronomical- check out the competition on money savingsexpert. The  'perks' have never been anything I'd want, and I think they've got a cheek saying they've done a lot of work to get very competitive rates for their members... >:(
This has also been my experience in the past (I don't know about current cards).

If you pay the whole amount every month, interest rates don't matter, but otherwise you could end up paying a lot more for a few extra things that you may (or may not) use.

I'd look elsewhere.

interesting quote. one of my favourite bands.

strongly suggest you look up martin lewis' site... mse

Best thing to do is get 0% card with longest offer period and keep transferring to 0% balance transfer ones when it expires.

I think it's called 'rate tarting' !!!