Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
schizoaffective

Unsuccessful ST4s

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, wonder what people unsuccessful at getting an ST4 job, r planning to do. On the one hand, I feel disappointed that inspite of getting our exams- and being members of the Royal College, we cannot progress up the ladder any more, and our careers r coming to a standstill. On the other hand I am thankful that I at least have a permanent staff grade post- will not be jobless, come Aug 07, and there is the article 14 route- god only knows how many r successful in that route.

It is disappointing because we happened to pass our exams at the wrong time. Now people who get on to ST1, 2 and 3 will progress up the ladder (please don't mistake me, successful ST1, 2  and 3  guys- I am not blaming u at all- congrats and good luck to all of u- I am just cursing the system).

Of course, my position is a lot better than unsuccessful ST1, 2 and 3 candidates- I really feel for them

I think that's the thing that sticks in most peoples throats the most. It's unfair that those who have made good exam progress have fewer opportunities than those just starting out and who are, in my opinion, 'untested' in terms of their abilities!

It's not over yet! Posts will be sent out until 20th June in the first round and from this site you can tell that some people have three ST4 offers of which they can only use one. I hope, in due course you will find this thread no longer applies to you. Good luck and I congratulate you on possessing job security in the meantime. (After all ST is not tried and tested and whio knows what will emerge next year.)

Same feeling here ;), goin to Start Staff Grade post tomorrow. Hope some shuffling will take place later and u never know.

Wish i had never passed my part 2 so early :-[.

Cheers

Please calm down everyone :-/

This is just the beginning of the process and everyone of you might yet be offered jobs.

Please donot go into cognitive distortions just yet!! :-[

On the other hand I am thankful that I at least have a permanent staff grade post- will not be jobless, come Aug 07, and there is the article 14 route- god only knows how many r successful in that route.

Not all of us have that luxury though. I received my 2nd to last pay slip today. I have no other offers to await, and will be unemployed at the end of July. Competition for staff grade posts is stupidly high. May have to consider leaving medicine just 8 months after getting my membership. Alls I know is that I won't be able to pay my mortgage for long after August.