Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mind

Future of Outcome

15 posts in this topic

Just wondering,whats everyone's plans especially those without jobs now.

I can't find a solution.

Ideas are welcome.

Wait, and pray that at least some of the 10 external candidates who got offered ST3 SYSH turn them down!

Failing that, TESCOs HERE I COME!!!!! (Its the staff discount that tempts me, and the uniform) :lol: :lol: :lol:

how abou unskilled labour :lol:...........just joking

its a serious dilemma..............with stiff competition in staff grade jobs.............i dont think i stand much of a chance with 18 m of training

my med staffing was mentioning that thr maybe non clinical jobs.....essentially trust grade jobs available........

im rambling ..............i dont think i have made plan b/c as yet.......had my hopes pinned on wales.............felt very let down..........primarily with myself

Emigrating is an option.....may not be that enticing however.

Although training jobs may have gone down the drain for most juniors jobs will still be available come August 2007

Wish everyone could be as positive as you mate. Reality says otherwise.

Wish everyone could be as positive as you mate. Reality says otherwise.

Well the reality is that aliens will not come from the clouds to do the jobs we are all currently in now. The agenda is to cut training costs. But then, the NHS will still need doctors to fill service posts. If you are lucky, you might even be able to get PMETB to approve such posts.

Please guys it is just the beginning! The end is still very far.

I am thinking of becoming a plumber. Money's good and you can keep whatever hours yu want. Competition will be from locals and EEA again so i am well experienced in that already.

who gives a shit.. i know i dont..

the worst things to have happened to most of us have been the best things to have happened to us..

no matter what happens ill be a happy go lucky sonuvabitch.. and probably earning a lot more than i am in this job..

as doctors we;re the cleverest people on earth.. and we;ve been through a lotta shit to get here.. whats a lil more.. as nietszche said.. what doesnt kill you will make you stronger..

im chomping at the bit to be allowed the opportunity to move to a different country.. but with my luck.. ill probably get me offers sorted.. and stay on in this cold wet miserable place.. for another 4 years..

who said that doctors are the cleverest in the world!!!!!!!!!!!

i personally dont think so

haha.. in that case ill count you out..

I always fancied marine biology, swimming with dolphins in the South Pacific. (Blue Peter has a lot to answer for)

haha.. in that case ill count you out..

Touche lol

There are smarter people, those who could be doctors but decided not to be.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

or even smarter ones who.....emigrated from this much septic sorry sceptred isle lol..(b4 people jump to conclusions;just because I like this country doesn't mean I can't make fun of it)

Besides I always wanted to be a historian........despite my better judgement I went into medicine

in sysh, they have started talking about accomodating 'contractual obligations.also people whose contracts are ending in august could be offerd posts that would be approved for training.these posts would essentialy be locum posts acccording to my information.and as these would be allocated probably (and hopefuly) by a local sort of 'round 2'.i am aware that other deaneries would probably go down the same route for obviously servise provisions and also to possibly avoid round 2. i have learnt from a reliable sourse that there is no obligations on deaneries to actualy go ahead with the round 2 by all means.i think for many of us it's not over yet. at least i would like to think so. we all know that this is not a comment on our ability or things like it.the whole system was flawed and as in any lottery there are losers and winners so here we are.

also i do think that the face of mmc as we know it today would definitely be much changed by next year.i am sure that there would be more entery points or atleast option to apply at st4. so st3 guys hang on................

best of luck to every 1.