Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chrispell

1st of August...

14 posts in this topic

Just wondering how it was for everyone, given the MTAS chaos predicted.

Did everyone turn up? Was everybody new? Did you have a day of pointless induction?

For me i was one of 2 ST4s starting and new to the area, the other trainees on a rota of 25 had 23 new staff! Not sure how that will go... Otherwise a day of endless and sometimes useless induction, and a fruitless search for anyone who could tell me where my keys are, where to get an ID badge, and where my office will be. Roll on tomorrow....

It's all right, Chris....I heard on the news today that according to ministers, patient care will not be affected by 30,000 doctors starting new posts today!

But I had a 'walkabout' today....around a hospital I'm not even going to be working in......I LOVE induction.

After driving 42 miles up and down, plus a day of induction, I feel drained. Today was okay...It appears I am the only ST4 in that particular hospital and tomorrow, we have a day full of history taking, mental state, risk m/g and so on.

Surely, I can have a day off! ::)

The only thing I suppose I can look forward to is collecting my keys, that too at 9am.

It's all right, Chris....I heard on the news today that according to ministers, patient care will not be affected by 30,000 doctors starting new posts today!

But I had a 'walkabout' today....around a hospital I'm not even going to be working in......I LOVE induction.

lol

Just noticed that Webmaster has modified the profile section.

Actually, the funniest thing was 2 of us took a wrong turn first thing and ended up having photos taken for ID cards (next door room to where we should have been); all seemed perfectly reasonable........but apparently that was for the acute trust! So if I want, I can turn up tomorrow and pick up my ID card from the reception desk (for a trust I'm not even working for) and do medicine or surgery instead....and they're so concerned about security now! I wonder if the acute trust people get free parking permits? Might be worth it........

After driving 42 miles up and down, plus a day of induction, I feel drained.  Today was okay...It appears I am the only ST4 in that particular hospital and tomorrow, we have a day full of history taking, mental state, risk m/g and so on.

Surely, I can have a day off!  ::)

The only thing I suppose I can look forward to is collecting my keys, that too at 9am.

so im missin out on all tht FUN huh?! :lol:....thnk god im joinin late! bt does tht mean ill hve to undergo all this in isolation? :o

After driving 42 miles up and down, plus a day of induction, I feel drained.  Today was okay...It appears I am the only ST4 in that particular hospital and tomorrow, we have a day full of history taking, mental state, risk m/g and so on.

Only 42 miles? I've done nearly 300 miles in the last 2 days... >:(

After driving 42 miles up and down, plus a day of induction, I feel drained. Today was okay...It appears I am the only ST4 in that particular hospital and tomorrow, we have a day full of history taking, mental state, risk m/g and so on.

I do feel better already! ;)

so im missin out on all tht FUN huh?! :lol:....thnk god im joinin late! bt does tht mean ill hve to undergo all this in isolation? :o

you might

:lol:

Hi guys!

After tying up the loose ends in my last post (like dictating reports, discharge summaries and writing up handovers to my successor, bless him/her) in London, I came to my flat, tried to pack everything that evening, realised it was an impossible task after 10 pm, took a cab to the station and boarded the last train to Scotland, reached Glasgow in the morning, and rushed to my hospital for the induction to realise my name was not put up on the list for hospital accommodation and toyed with the domestic officer to obtain a roof over my head.

Now I have to rush back to London this weekend to oversee the removals and forward my stuff to scotland.

I have done 600 miles so far and doing another 1200 miles this week end.

Let me know if anyone has beaten this record!

The silver lining is I have 3 days of induction and I am incharge of only 2 inpatients at the moment.

The downside is I dont have any peer group to study for part 1 that's in a month's time.

i bought a car on the 14th of last month and did 2600 miles already - mostly related to work, and me and the wife moving between trusts etc...

:P

My travelling distance was 100 miles up &down daily-for 1 year

it was 50 miles up &down-for 6 months

Now only 5 miles :)