Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raghava1976

Reserve list-Right to Information act ?

7 posts in this topic

Dear All,

Wanted some advice.

Rang northern deanery today to find out my place on the reserve list for the Run through training, having got an FTSTA. Northern deanery refused to give me that detail and when I gave Scotland as example, they said that in England, they were not following that.

Can we ask them under the Right to Information Act so that we can make an informed choice?

Or would would it be rubbing my deanery on the wrong side, spoiling my chances (whatever they may be :-?) in roaund 2?

cheers

Good idea. They should at least provide people with that information.

Dear All,

Wanted some advice.

Rang northern deanery today to find out my place on the reserve list for the Run through training, having got an FTSTA. Northern deanery refused to give me that detail and when I [highlight]gave Scotland as example[/highlight], they said that in England, they were not following that.

Can we ask them under the Right to Information Act so that we can make an informed choice?

Or would would it be rubbing my deanery on the wrong side, spoiling my chances (whatever they may be  :-?) in roaund 2?

cheers

is scotland telling the reserve list positions???

Yes there would be a case for requesting the information under the data protection act as it is information held about you by an organisation and you should be entitled to it. I would cite the scottish example, and also the fact that the ICO upheld the complaints about the way application form scores were withheld. They are now forcing the DoH to release this information. Finding out your ranking is very useful as it can give you an idea of how likely you are to be offered a post eventually. You should speak to the deaneries directly. The only problem with DPA is that htey are allowed 40 days to reply, which may make it too late to be of value.

Is anyone aware of any other deaneries that are releasing this info in England, Wales or NI?

Oh and I wouldn't worry about rubbing the deanery up the wrong way. Either way your ranking is already decided, they cannot change that (unless they want a whole can of legal whoop-ass opened on them) just because you are requesting information to which you are legally entitled.

Let us all know how you get on.

Another English deanery have said that they would need permission to release this in England ie from DoH- until they receive this, they are unable to give that info out.

i wd agree with u raghava, coz it's crucial to know where one stands n maybe using it here may motivate other deanery's as well to let people know universally where they r on the reserve list. Chris is right, it's not personal, its practical is'nt it?

as i've said before, i think people should have access to this info, though it wouldn't necessarily make decisions much easier eg you get an offer of an st post at your 2nd choice on monday, you have 48 hours to say yes or no, you know you are 5th on the list for your 1st choice place. do you reject your 2nd choice offer hoping that 5 people reject a post at your first choice uoa or not? what if you are 8th on the list? what about 3rd?

obviously if you are 1st it may well be a risk worth taking and if you are 37th it probably isn't (depending on the number of posts available in the uoa).

if it was me i'd still want to know. it's always worth asking the hr staff just in case they tell you 'unofficially' or at least give a hint, but don't blame them if it goes wrong or if they say they can't tell you (i'm sure that they probably want to, but they've been told they can't). it's probably not worth asking consultants though cos they probably won't know and i doubt that they will know the latest up to date numbers, though i expect the hr people will do.