Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
murcielago

Successful in Round 1, but not happy!!!

17 posts in this topic

Without sounding unappreciative, despite being one of the lucky ones in the first round and getting some ST4 offers, I didn't feel happy or wanting to celebrate.

Its horrible to see my colleagues I work with not getting any offers and hence i made the conscious decision not to say anything to them about my success. The atmosphere around work is very sombre and not something I like.

What should be cause to celebrate and be happy, was in fact more a sense of relief that this mess was over. None of us deserve this.

My closest and best friend, who I see just as capable as me and who I have trained with from an the start, has no offers and to be honest, my success meant nothing to me as a result.

Without sounding patronising, please remain positive!!!!

I dearly wish everyone the best of luck and hope it all works out, which I think it should.

I know what you mean. I am afraid to ask anyone about anything in case I upset them. I 'm sure others are doing the same to me. The last 6 months has been hell and its not over. I really resent deanary/gov for putting us all through this. I am very angry. It all seems to be pot-luck and that sucks!

I felt like that to start with but the longer it goes on the more people seem to be hearing good news and it seems better now

I think nobody should be feeling guilty as all of us did our best. I haven't received any offers so far and I am obviously up-set but I don't think it's somebody else's fault.

I think your collegues would feel better if you manage to talk to each other regardless the odd unavoidable initial reactions.

Don't feel guilty, enjoy it!

If I got so much as a sniff of a job I would be ecstatic!!!

The guilt thing is something you cannot run away from if you know a candidate who is more academically aclaimed than you getting say an FTSTA and while you get a run-through. It makes you question the objectivity of the whole interview process. Then again it may be virtually impossible to come up with a flawless selection process, although MTAS has been a complete disaster at every stage.

I have got offer in Scotland so I feel guilty for others. :-/

I haven't got offer in England so I feel inferior to others. :(

Am I depressed? :'(

I wouldn't say I was feeling guilty, as I got the jobs on merit.

I just feel bad for others.

COME ON MAN!!! Just get on with it. If you feel so guilty why don't you give up your job. The point is everyone get's on in life. Feel bad for your friends and feel good for yourself. You only get what you deserve. And please be careful and sensitive for anyone who is getting too low as that can lead to stupid impulsive decisions.

For the record I didn't get any offers. :(

The tales of some getting the run-through posts and others perceivably more/equally competent not getting them has convinced me that after all the talk there is luck involved. However I would say to those of us without offers currently; hold your breath people, as it stands there are more offers bouncing about than people in the first wave can accept. It's a real shame the agony in the wait is not yet over.

Without sounding unappreciative, despite being one of the lucky ones in the first round and getting some ST4 offers, I didn't feel happy or wanting to celebrate.

Its horrible to see my colleagues I work with not getting any offers and hence i made the conscious decision not to say anything to them about my success. The atmosphere around work is very sombre and not something I like.

What should be cause to celebrate and be happy, was in fact more a sense of relief that this mess was over. None of us deserve this.

My closest and best friend, who I see just as capable as me and who I have trained with from an the start, has no offers and to be honest, my success meant nothing to me as a result.

Without sounding patronising, please remain positive!!!!

I dearly wish everyone the best of luck and hope it all works out, which I think it should.

I suggest that you reject all offers you have received as a sign of your displeasure of the system.

Dede, that strikes me as quite Paranoid-Schizoid.... Everyone with any success in this mad system should not risk giving that up. Make the best of a bad situation, in my view.

(I only applied to SYSH- no success, in case you were wondering)

Paranoid-Schizoid???  Delusional reference to me or else!!!

;)

I have got offer in Scotland so I feel guilty for others.  :-/

I haven't got offer in England so I feel inferior to others.  :(

Am I depressed?  :'(

You're a Psychopath. There is no 'Other'

Paranoid-Schizoid???  Delusional reference to me or else!!!

;)

Ha Ha Ha Ha... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: