Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tanushree

Accepting offers

13 posts in this topic

Hi!

In a job offer I have recieved, the letter says please let us know your decision as soon as possible or your wish to delay your decision. Do I need to let them know that I will wait till all offers are out, or can I just sit on the offer & not reply to them for now. This is from wessex ST4. Has anybody else had the same offer & if so, will you be replying to them now? Please let me know!

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firefly, I think the rationale is,

1) If Wessex was your first choice and you haven't changed your mind, accept it.

2) If Wessex was not your first choice, but the results for your first choice haven't come out yet, tell them you want to hang on to it. That way, they can give accurate information about the situation to the reserve list people.

3) If Wessex was not your first choice and you have got a better offer, decline it straightaway so it can be offered to the top person on the reserve list, who may have no offers at all and be feeling like shit/ emigrating/ becoming a plumber at this very moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Firefly, I think the rationale is,

1[highlight]) If Wessex was your first choice and you haven't changed your mind, accept it.

2) If Wessex was not your first choice, but the results for your first choice haven't come out yet, tell them you want to hang on to it.

3) If Wessex was not your first choice and you have got a better offer, decline it straightaway so it can be offered to the top person on the reserve list, who may have no [/highlight]offers at all and be feeling like shit/ emigrating/ becoming a plumber at this very moment.

well said ros, dont think i can do any better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Ros, wessex is not my first choice & I am still waiting for my first & second choice results. Ill let them know about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Firefly for getting an offer. Ros' advice is spot on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

Slightly different topic but I hope you'll forgive me! The BMA have released this on their website: http://www.bma.org.uk/ap.nsf/Content/acceptingoffers

It's basically a list of things you should ask/know before accepting any job offer.

Have deaneries given any of this information with offers? Has anyone tried asking deaneries?

I'm guessing that anyone getting an offer will be so relieved they won't even think about these things?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most Deaneries are asking you to accept/decline/hold within 48 hours, so there is no way that they will give you that infomation on time. Furthermore, there appears to be a specific team that is sending out the offers, that are not from psych, so odds are that they do not know. (That is my experience in West Midlands: each time I called the psych specialty team, I was told that 'they' in the offers dept were doing the emailing!)

I guess it might be worth a try, but I wouldn't leave accepting to late, just in case. I might send the questions off now, though, to see if I get anything back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Firefly, I think the rationale is,

1) If Wessex was your first choice and you haven't changed your mind, accept it.

2) If Wessex was not your first choice, but the results for your first choice haven't come out yet, tell them you want to hang on to it. That way, they can give accurate information about the situation to the reserve list people.

3) If Wessex was not your first choice and you have got a better offer, decline it straightaway so it can be offered to the top person on the reserve list, who may have no offers at all and be feeling like shit/ emigrating/ becoming a plumber at this very moment.

What's wrong with becoming a plumber? :D;) Good advice though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't remember who suggested that as an alternative career. (Just checked- it was Flakjak)

I've rewired my house before the regulations changed, so could be an electrician with a little work- NVQ can't be worse than part 2, surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Most Deaneries are asking you to accept/decline/hold within 48 hours, so there is no way that they will give you that infomation on time. Furthermore, there appears to be a specific team that is sending out the offers, that are not from psych, so odds are that they do not know. (That is my experience in West Midlands: each time I called the psych specialty team, I was told that 'they' in the offers dept were doing the emailing!)

I guess it might be worth a try, but I wouldn't leave accepting to late, just in case. I might send the questions off now, though, to see if I get anything back.

I have had offers from 2 deaneries & neither have informed me to accept/decline/hold within 48 hours. They have asked us to respond as soon as possible. Do we need to respond within 48 hurs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

none of my 3 offers stipulated that... they all say respond before 23.59 on 10/06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its only from 11th -20th june that offers need to be accepted in 48hrs, at the moment the last date for accepting is 10th june 11.59pm, however as Ros said its best to decline asap once you've got what u want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It gives some confidence to see people who have got more than 1 offer, or when they discuss to make decisions.

These 'extra offers' will be released in to the pool atleast on 11th june.

I feel better, to think/dream, may be I stand a chance after few days or in 2nd round!! ;).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0