Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slartibartfast

MRCPsych 2 convocation

34 posts in this topic

I'm in 2 minds whether or not to go. &nbsp:lol:o many people go? Sounds a bit dull to me. Then again, I'm not in a celebratory mood just now...

I'm in 2 minds whether or not to go.  Do many people go?  Sounds a bit dull to me.  Then again, I'm not in a celebratory mood just now...

my personal experience is 'not worth the trouble'. if you are expecting a formal and grand convocation ceremony, sorry, you are way out of reality. it's just a reception/ get-together and somewhat insulting even, to people who take pride in their effort and achievement. it was a mistake that i took a physician friend who had had a proper graduation. it's a shame that our speicialty just downgrades itself!

I'm in 2 minds whether or not to go.  Do many people go?  Sounds a bit dull to me.  Then again, I'm not in a celebratory mood just now...

my personal experience is 'not worth the trouble'. if you are expecting a formal and grand convocation ceremony, sorry, you are way out of reality. it's just a reception/ get-together and somewhat insulting even, to people who take pride in their effort and achievement. it was a mistake that i took a physician friend who had had a proper graduation. it's a shame that our speicialty just downgrades itself!

and what if look all dashing in our gowns .. 8-)

no gowns I'm afraid but u do get a certificate of attendence (even if it might not actually have your name on it!!) and a photo next to dinesh! I dunno it is a little bolocks but to be fair my folks were delighted by it (yet another graduation - you'd think they'd tire of this sort of thing by now wouldnt you?? :lol:). Having said that it is alittle pricey just for that warm feeling inside!

whoa..

ive already asked my folks to come down from india for the convocation..

and that poll TD's lil project linked to showed it already over and done with..

please tell me a new members reception is different from the convocation.. and thats when we can look all dashing in our gowns..

Hey there

How was the convocation? Does anyone have anything good to say?  It was on the 27th - Friday? Right?

Every one seems to be very quite?

It was excellent. I really enjoyed it. It started with a formal presentation with everyone going up on stage to shake the president's hand and have your photo taken. You then collected a certificate, not your membership certificate as we already had that, one marking the occasion of the induction ceremony.

The addresses by the College officers and the chairman of the PTC were excellent and it was nice meeting one or two old colleagues as well. We also had a group photo taken outside the town hall.

Thought it was a good event, my family enjoyed it, and I would recommend it to future members.

Elton Road, did u put on the gown?

It was excellent. I really enjoyed it. It started with a formal presentation with everyone going up on stage to shake the president's hand and have your photo taken. You then collected a certificate, not your membership certificate as we already had that, one marking the occasion of the induction ceremony.

The addresses by the College officers and the chairman of the PTC were excellent and it was nice meeting one or two old colleagues as well. We also had a group photo taken outside the town hall.

Thought it was a good event, my family enjoyed it, and I would recommend it to future members.

Im glad you enjoyed it. There must have been an improvemement from last years event (many did not have anything good to say). Well, such events are once off. Considering it was an excellent event, Im sure many regret not going this year.

Elton Road, did u put on the gown?

No gowns, I put on a suit as did most people.

Hi Guys,

I didnt know the convocation was on 27 april. Never got any letter or invitation. How did you come to know?

I missed it and It really sucks. >:(

hey DKS. I'm pretty dure you've not missed out on an awful lot. It isn't that great but as somone pointed out unless the College has improved significantly....

In my opinion its just another rip off scheme.... expensive photographs...crappy snacks.....

Well, I'm glad that some of you think it was worth the experience and may be its the family thing...you enjoy it more when your family is watching and you can be proud of it.....

Hi all

Just curious......... Was the ceremony held on the 27th April, the new members reception?

can someone please clarify this.

Yes I went for it on 27 th...........Dude u hvn't missed anything,It was a totally BORING event.....Iknew it before,but only went cuz I work in London.

Hello

Did anyone recieve their photographs (individual and group photos) as yet?

Not yet. I sent my cheque off on 11 May but it's still not been cashed.

Might chase it up soon.

Thanks Elton Road. Please do keep us posted.

;)

Hello

Did any of you (Zoe, Elton road)  get your group photographs? could any of you be kind enough to paste it on the super ego site, as was done last year? would love to see it. im sure many would...

regards

I went in May 2006 and it took MONTHS for the photos to arrive.