Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panchufx

Did candidates have training for the interviews

8 posts in this topic

I heard that some of the candidates had training from their respective deaneries prior to the interviews.( read North West) If that was the case, can I hope that the same people who interviewed in Mersey and got offered jobs would have offers from their own deaneries and hopefully decline offers from Mersey Deanery? Is that just wishful thinking???

Does anyone know of such a thing happening?

Well certainly not in the Welsh Deanery...

and if it did happen in NW then its a shame, coz that would amount to cheating ..

anyways... people do what they have to do...

i dont see why such a big fuss is being made out of this 'training'

every candidate with an interview should and is likely to have sought out seniors (consultants/spr's) to help with interview practise

what is wrong with that

in fact if someone did NOT do that i think they missed a trick there

i dont see why such a big fuss is being made out of this 'training'

every candidate with an interview should and is likely to have sought out seniors (consultants/spr's) to help with interview practise

[highlight]what is wrong with that[/highlight]

in fact if someone did NOT do that i think they missed a trick there

unfair advantage, uneven playing field, issues about probity, selection bias ::) ::)

All that docpurrs said and you are supposed to 'consult' regarding how to formulate and project yourself. If this metioned process was a 'training' excercise then I have strong reservations.

Training in general is ok, but if they have held mock interviews(and repeated the same questions in the real interview)- and informed candidates about the type of stations and the questions they may expect, that is giving an unfair advantage to local candidates. I don't think that would have happened though!

agree with rajaraja

If trusts trained their SHOs in a general sense, there should be no problem.

I had no training whatsoever for my interviews which were initially allocated through MTAS. However, the trust provided full training for those offered their first choice interviews. I think this is pretty unfair but no use complaining at this late stage! ;)