Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naderyakoub

Scotland - West Sector Offer

15 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone

I recieved an offer this morning (Saturday 2nd of June) from the West Sector of Scotland. I was asked to accept or reject within 24 hours !!! Anyway, I accepted.

Any trainees currently in this sector? Your help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Within 24 hours :-?

You should have been given option to hold it till 10th June :-/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for attending the interview/selection centre for Psychiatry - Common Core Training at entry level ST3 in Scotland. This letter is to inform you that [highlight]we are now able to offer you a placement on an Educational Programme in that specialty starting in the S East Sector, commencing August 2007[/highlight]. This is a firm offer of training, subject to the following conditions:

• Current full or appropriate limited GMC registration

• Receipt of satisfactory, professional references. If you did not bring signed references with you at the interview/selection stage, you will have to provide these before a contract can be offered

• Satisfactory occupational health and enhanced Disclosure Scotland checks which will be required by the employing Health Board/Practice .

• Satisfactory RITA/VTR assessments for each of the SHO hospital posts you have undertaken as part of your current scheme/training programme

• Evidence that satisfactory completion of the training offered will meet the PMETB regulations.

• Proof of eligibility to undertake employment in the UK

Failure to meet any of the above conditions will result in this offer of a placement in an educational programme being reviewed..

If you wish to accept this offer, [highlight]you must respond within 24 hours from receipt of this e-mail.[/highlight]If you do not wish to accept this offer you should also inform us of this decision within 24 hours in order that we can re-offer this placement to another candidate.

If we do not hear from you within 24 hours we will assume that you do not wish to accept this offer and it will be withdrawn to enable re-offer to another candidate.

[highlight]If you are already in receipt of an offer for this specialty in a different sector and you do not accept this offer of a new sector within 24 hours, your existing offer will be unaffected.[/highlight]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a lovely sounding lady called me from NES this am and told me she is gonna email me another offer... i.e Edinburgh...

the phone call was followed by the email as above ...

Its really difficult to make decisions that are gonna shape the rest of ur life under such pressure circumstances.... common!!!24 hours ????? :-/ :-/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what happened. Anyway, I am not expecting anything elsewhere. So I accepted.

Below is exactly what they wrote to me

If you wish to accept this offer, you must respond within 24 hours from receipt of this e-mail.

If you do not wish to accept this offer you should also inform us of this decision within 24 hours in order that we can re-offer this placement to another candidate.

If we do not hear from you within 24 hours we will assume that you do not wish to accept this offer and it will be withdrawn to enable re-offer to another candidate.

If you are already in receipt of an offer for this specialty in a different sector and you do not accept this offer of a new sector within 24 hours, your existing offer will be unaffected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NY and Docpurrs congrats indeed to secure st3 places.......Could you guys tell me your rank in Scotland.....really desperate to know as my rank is 55. Also if someone is awaiting London and other results how can they ask to accept within 24 hrs????????

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not asked about my ranking to be honest. I reached a stage of being fade up and accepting to stick to my current Staff Grade job and try article 14.

Do you all think that I can defer my offer till September so that I can give my notice??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi NY

Congrats man, was this the first time they offered u ST3 Scotland or did they offer it to u earlier and now they offered u a particular Sector preference , as the results were out much earlier for Scotland and now they may be offering sector choice. Just curious !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are already in receipt of an offer for this specialty in a different sector and you do not accept this offer of a new sector within 24 hours, your existing offer will be unaffected.

this is what has happened to u NY.???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the first time ever I recieve any correspondence from Scotland since my interview (apart from expenses check). I think it is a standard letter to all Re-offers !! It said Re-offer in the E mail subject and the voicemail of the lady said a vacancy has become available!!! My impression is that it is either a new extra post or someone has declined an offr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if I'm understanding this Scotland are giving people further down the list 24 hours to accept or decline offers despite the fact some deaneries including the largest in London haven't even issued their first offers yet.

Well that's just fabulous, I've had enough of this bull****.  >:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you wish to accept this offer, [highlight]you must respond within 24 hours from receipt of this e-mail.[/highlight]If you do not wish to accept this offer you should also inform us of this decision within 24 hours in order that we can re-offer this placement to another candidate.

Respond within 24 hours does not mean accept/reject this offer. Scotland earlier also provided the option to 'hold' and offer. Was that till 8th of June?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah... you could still hold on to the original offer till 23.59 on the 10th of june...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted by: docpurrs Posted on: Today at 11:15

yeah... you could still hold on to the original offer till 23.59 on the 10th of june...

Yeah but are they allowing you to hold this new set of offers until June 10th or do you have to accept or decline within 24 hours as the message suggests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no no... the 'new' offer has to be taken up within 24 hrs...

but if u dont take the new offer then ur old offer is still open...

you cant swap to say that you will now hold the new offer till 10th...

so basically its just a 24 hr window to get the 'weekend special' otherwise nothing changes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0