Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panchufx

Statistical analysis of scores

7 posts in this topic

Do people think that scores should be analysed statistically so that any bias in the different sets of interviewing panels can removed.

I heard from a friend of mine that this was happening in London. Anyone heard of something similar.

Yes I heard there was some adjustment at the end of the day in SYSH.

Do people think that scores should be analysed statistically so that any bias in the different sets of interviewing panels can removed.

I heard from a friend of mine that this was happening in London. Anyone heard of something similar.

in what way do you mean 'analysed statistically so that any bias in the different sets of interviewing panels can removed'?

does statistical analysis do that?

Yes I heard there was some adjustment at the end of the day in SYSH.

adjustment of what?

which day?

I think adjustments may cause bias! ;)

This was brought in one of our meetings. The consultant who was involved in this round of interview told that there is statistical adjustments for matching candidates.

This is specialy done for example to reduce the bias between interviewing panels. For example if Panel A was Mr nice guys then candidates are prefered to the other panels. Then they do some sort of check on the average scoring of each panel and if theirs is higher than the standard deviation then they will round it down. Or something like this

Bias my Ar**

Excuse my language but this affects genuine candidates who would have performed well in any circumstances and any panels.

Oh by the way this is only about london I don't know about other deanerys

I heard, from someone who had spoken to a panel member, that at the end of at least one day it was discovered that the scoring between panels had been inconsistent and therefore adjustments had had to be made. I don't know which day.