Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baron1

To gamble ...?

24 posts in this topic

I am considering rejecting my ST2 offers and taking a gamble on ST3 in round 2, as I recently got my part 1. My preference would be NW.

Is anybody having similar thoughts?

Do you think it's wise? ::)

You're crazy!! Just take the ST2, so you'll spend 1 year extra in training but saves you the SHIT AGAIN!!! :o :o

do NOT even CONSIDER the option!!!! are you bonkers!!!! how could the thought even CROSS your mind!!!! I can just feel my blood pressure shoooting up through my skull!! gambling in SUCH times!!!!!!!!!!!!

er.....btw.....do what you want ........ its your choice:)

didn you people get.. he is kidding

you dont need to............

you can join at ST2 and stiill complete the training in next 4 years by collecting competencies for a higher level. All u need is a total of 6 years in training.. and 5 if u did 2 years as foundation to apply for CCT.

so, don't even think about it.

Thanks for your comments.

To clarify, there's nothing 'smart' about it - if something is a realistic possibility then it should be explored. I plan to speak to my consultant to get a senior view. Good luck everyone.

looking at the way jobs are being offered i personally believe in accepting what ever comes your way. I understand this year is the only year having transition arrangements and from next year onwards only ST 1 will be advertised......... correct me if wrong , but thats what our college tutor has been saying . but anyways we have to take her advice with a

pinch of salt.

Irfan my sincere advise would be to accept ST2, dont gamble........its your life and probably your family as well

good luck

I think it is either you are kidding or you are just the dullest human being around. If its the former, then pardon my vituperations. If it is the latter, then I think you deserve what is coming to you. Do you think it is because you are exceptionally brilliant that you got the offer in the first instance? Only fools rush in where Angels fear to tread. You ask all those who were lucky to get offers and they would tell you it was just that, LUCK. If we assume thunder doesnt strike twice, then we can safely say you are not likely to get any further offers.

I pray whichever supreme being you worship to guide you in this moment of decision. Also please apologise to all those without offers, because even though you may not realise this, you are insulting their sensibilities.

you dont need to............

you can join at ST2 and stiill complete the training in next 4 years by collecting competencies for a higher level. All u need is a total of 6 years in training.. and 5 if u did 2 years as foundation to apply for CCT.

so, don't even think about it.

not true.

I never thought such an honest query would summon the bells of shannon!

Of course one has to be realistic and luck too plays its part, but having said that if I received information that there were going to be x-ST3s in round 2 then I would make my judgement based on that together with seniors' opinions about how I personally would rank against other more senior potential ST3 candidates.

To those who have expressed their opinion, in somewhat rude a tone, even in times of crisis it pays to be calm and balanced - calling someone 'dull' is quite unjust.

Good luck to all.

It's your choice.

Think about it and take what you feel is right for you.

Good luck!

I thought April's fool day has already over :lol: :lol:

irfan,

ryan here man..

chill do whatever you feel comfortable with..

ditch the ST2 offers and go for ST3 if you think it saves you a year..

theres a bit of bird in hand worth two in bush thingie you gotta be thinking of..

but if youre the irfan im thinking of.. you shouldnt really have a problem getting ST3 in round 2.. though do be aware that seats will be at a premium there..

really depends on how painful working that extra year would be to you..

tc man..

a very good idea irfan...

u will free up an st2 place for someone...

i suggest...go for it man...go for it...u can do it...

if someone is really thinking of doing this, then they shouldnt mind this forum's opinion!! posting these issues will undoubtedly gratify few, astonish some and irk the rest! :lol:

I thought you would be unable to apply for ST3 in round 2 as you had to have the part I by Feburary of this year.. or am I wrong. I looked at this a couple of months ago, because I thought if I did not get an ST3 in round 1 and passed my part 2 before round 2 I would then apply for ST4 - but if my memory serves me correctly I discovered I would still have to apply for ST3

[highlight]I am considering rejecting my ST2 offers and taking a gamble on ST3 in round 2, as I recently got my part 1.[/highlight] My preference would be NW.

Is anybody having similar thoughts?

what do you think you should do, irfan?

Bold desicion,but beware the posts in round 2 are gonna be just sparse.

An extra year of training would do no harm,rather than taking a risk of not having a job at all.