Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bhatharry

South Yorkshire interview results?

46 posts in this topic

Does anyone know when will south yorkshire deanery announce the outcome of ST1-4 psychiatry interviews....

ooh! i just posted this in another topic - don't know which now so i'll have to type it again.

the plan was monday, but then had to wait til today for JR result. maybe tomoro, but deanery will do it, so not sure. maybe by letter rather than email. maybe both. don't know. they said they'd send standard offer and rejection letters, but totally unclear what will happen to those on reserve list - we are still trying to find out. i'll post here if i get to know anything.

How big are reserve lists, do you know? If you accept a job in one deanery and are subsequently offerred one in your own deanery, can you back out of the first one?

How big are reserve lists, do you know? If you accept a job in one deanery and are subsequently offerred one in your own deanery, can you back out of the first one?

once you accept an offer, it's final and you can't back up unless it's FTTA, then it's allowed ( this is the instructions from today's guidlines on the MMC website

samer is right. if you get an offer but would rather wait for something else then you have til the 10th june to wait before accepting/declining the offer to see if you get offered something else. however, if everyone waits til then to decide it reduces the chances of people on reserve lists being offered posts. so if you get offered the post you really want then you should think about accepting asap and if you get offered a post that you have decided that you definitely don't want (unlikely i expect) then reject it straight away.

how big are reserve lists? i know ours not anyone else's. as i'm sure you will understand, i can't give any indication how big our reserve list is. i can tell you that we have 16 posts for each year at st1-3 and 8 posts at st4 and that we interviewed around 50 people for each year level.

j your explanation is very helpful

still I think I would like to know my place on a list, since if I am second I might choose to wait for an offer, while if I am 23rd I will take any other offer, rather than waiting...

what do others think?

And it feels that it might be unfair ( I know life is...) if some deaneries reveal this info and others don't!

Godzilla,

I would suggest that , if in a dilemma, you don't lose anything by asking! They can only refuse to tell you and I don't see really why it would matter to the deanery whether you know or not.

sensible approach...

here me hoping i will be in this situation ....(that is being offered a post....!)

cheers mark!

one of my friends who attended scotland was able to get his rank on the list by calling them . No reason why English deaneries wont reveal this.

sysh are not offering psychiatry posts at any level today---- source deanery and local medical staffing.but it will obviously be helpful if people can post here when they start getting offers.

I was told that it would be tomorrow if not today. When did u phone the deanery staff?

j your explanation is very helpful

still I think I would like to know my place on a list, since if I am second I might choose to wait for an offer, while if I am 23rd I will take any other offer, rather than waiting...

what do others think?

And it feels that it might be unfair ( I know life is...) if some deaneries reveal this info and others don't!

i agree. i think people should be told where they are on the list. i have no idea what this or other deaneries will do though. that is the way it has always been. i have no way of influencing it i'm afraid. the mtas system would at least have been the same for everyone, although would not have been the best way of doing things imo, but this system seems to be worse cos it means that more people will have to move than is necessary.

sysh are not offering psychiatry posts at any level today---- source deanery  and local medical staffing.but it will obviously be helpful if people can post here when they start getting offers.

deanery are in charge of this. did either tell you when they would be offering?

Watsu, who told you it would be tommorrow?

from wastu's posts it looks like deanery people rather than sct, so the name is probably irrelevant.

it seems that sheffield has kept it's track record of ignoring it's own candidates. i think if they are that bad then they are a reflection upon the training experiense in the scheme.i don't realy know what else to say.

hey guys

is the SYSH deanery informing the candidates about the reserve list or the rank to the candidates ?

I posted the latest info I had on this in the 'Do you want to know your ranking poll'- as of this afternoon, from the S Yorks Clinical Tutor. Answer- Deanery is telling trust personnel not to give anything away. I feel it is really important that we have all the information available, so the more pressure we put on the Deaneries, the better, I guess.

J, i wondered if there was any preference given to sysh candidates in the interview as compared to those from other deaneries?

Muddy, I doubt J could answer that. We all certainly got the same questions at interview. But I can tell you that out of 16 St3 posts, only 6 were offered initially to local people. St2 I think 9 out of 16 were local. St 4, I have only heard of 2 local people being offered, out of 8 posts.

I would suggest this is evidence that they played well and truly by the book.

What I wouldn't give for a bit of nepotism right now....... ;)

Just received SYSH ST3 offer today - they must be recycling already.

If I get london someone else will be able to have this one!

S

Yes pleeeeeeease!!!I hope and pray that u get London!!! :D

I got mine today from SYSH at 12.20pm. :lol:

I know there are plenty of internal candidates still waiting.....Good luck- you know who you are! :-X

I must have posted simultaneously, R!