Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
selvizhi_s

Need to do in "Last minute" offers

15 posts in this topic

If anybody gets an offer today or guys who is 'holding' the jobs or not going to inform until sunday night, be aware  of few issues.

1.Anticipate for last minute computer breakdowns, internet mishaps.

Don't leave things till last minute.

(Plan to make the decision by satur night, so that atleast by sunday morning, you will be    clear. Plan to send the e-mail atleast by sunday late afternoon or early evening).

2. Fill in ALL the relevant deanery forms duly and keep ready (for people who had multiple offers). attach the forms to e-mail and 'save as a draft' can be done, so that even in internet cafe, you can open your mail and just click on 'send'.

3. If storing on computer, name the files correctly (FTST/ST? Which deanery? if you fill in a london form and send it to wales deanery and by the time you realise it - both offers might have gone)

4. Try to send the (signed) confirmation by post as soon as possible next week if not by monday, (people may be cranky, you never know)

It is not worth losing the offers, because of such reasons.

All the best.

Act in time.

good point S

personal communication with the deanery to establish safe reciept of an acceptance is the safest option

unfortunately, the MMC team did not realise this when they put sunday as last date (shows how much thought they put into it)

very sensible advice indeed... especially after the january -feb experience with MTAS

Good advice S.

what forms are you talking about? i thought we just replied by email to confirm acceptance.

Yes, e-mail, but some deaneries also send oofers as back up in the post.

what forms are you talking about? i thought we just replied by email to confirm acceptance.

I received a form sent as an attachment along with the NW deanery's e-mail.

It had set out choices as 'accept', 'hold' 'decline', with yes/no categories, which had a space for signature as well. (It is a sort of declaration form, that you will not turn down STs, if you accept FT, you can reject it for a ST at a later date).

I was told to delete as appropriate, save the changes (by storing it on to the computer), and attach it and send it back to them by 1. e-mail, and then 2. take a print out, sign and date it and send it by post..

If your mail did not have any such attachment, then i think you do not need to worry about it.

however its better to clarify it, if they forgot to send it.

(I accepted  FTSTA ST3, and asked them to send an acknowledgement mail. they sent a mail acknowledging my acceptance of 'ST2 FTSTA'. I again needed to chase them up and inform about their mistake.)

I 'm clear that it is NOT worth taking any risk with the (manual) errors.

It's not time to comment the errors, but we should be vigilant that the disaster does NOT happen to us.

It is perhaps sensible to ask the deanery on your intial reply to confirm your acceptance via email when they receive it.

I guess potentially they could (if theyre mean) say that they never received it etc. etc. -very unlikely I imagine tho.

Good luck everyone

wales deanery are sending replies to all who ve emailed them about their decisions

Eastern deanery asked to fax responses. It is irritating that you do not get acknowledgement ofthe the reciept of the fax, the last thing one wants to do is to start worrying if the blasted thing has reached the right person or has slipped under the machine.

London deanery asked me to reply by email choosing one of the following:

Accept, Decline or Hold

They specified that candidates must not reply by phone or post

I replied by email and was worrying whether they received it.

In about 24 hours they emailed again saying they had received my response.

hey gomer

why dont you fax from the hospital fax machines, they not only give you a confirmation of your fax to that particular no..............but also the exact date and time

I was offered FTSTA ST3 London and got an automated response that they have received my mail. i am not sure whether an automated response is as good as the manual one, but it seems there is little else that i could do at this last stage :-/.BTW if one wanted to confirm by phone, is there a specific number one should ring for london Deanery ?

After you have sent an email some deaneries also want written confirmation and I would recommend that you send the latter via recorded delivery.

Thanks Pod, but isnt it too late now. You have to accept an offer by 23:59 tonight. Who >:( came up with the idea of making the last date on Sunday.