Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
corpuscallosum

Strange mail from London....

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

Got a mail from London yesterday with congratulations and offer of a speciality training post. It went on the ask me to prvide proof of immigration status as of 5th Feb.

2 hrs later got another mail saying the previous was in error about the offer but I still had to send in proof of immigration status.

Whats happening folks.....why do they want me to fax my immigration status if I have no offer of job?

Had already faxed my HSMP renewal letter last Thursday after an e-mail from them. They confirmed on Friday that they had received that fax!!!

I had also deposited all documents they asked for on the day of the interview!!!

Seems complete mayhem. Why are they after visa documents when there is no offer of jobs!!!

I think they are going to offer you a job but aren`t sure about ur immigration status

It means u r high on the reserve list an an offer is coming ur way, just want to confirm ur status. Also know many people are working on this, so internal communication may not be the best for now.

But for all u care, all u need is a job. However it comes .....doesnt matter.

They are bonkers >:(

&nbsp:lol:id the same thing to my boy friend who was interviewed in round 1a. They asked for all his visa papers some time ago even when he had already handed all of them to the London Deanery at the time of the interview.

But unfortunately he did not get any offers. Asking for visa proof does not necessarily mean much.

But I can't belive they offered a post to you first and then backed off. B-----ds

Can they withdraw an offer they've already made? I've a feeling that's illegal in the normal world. You can't go offering people jobs and then withdrawing them....Worth finding a lawyer, I think.

I recieved a similar mail. And the joke is I was not even shortlisted...! But I took the liberty of replying to their mail saying... ' If it is a real one.. I am happy to accept'

even i have received a similar mail on 9th June!!!