Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keerthy_r

northern deanery job offers

51 posts in this topic

Offers for Northern Deanery Applicants

Round 1 of MTAS is finally drawing to a close and offers for those trainees wanting GP as first choice have already gone out. On the advice of the Department of Health, we now expect to be able to make ‘off-line’ offers to trainees, starting on May 21st. Scotland has already started this process, so some people will have received offers already.

These are held open until the 10th of June, so you will have the option to hold a Scottish offer whilst waiting for offers from the interviews you have attended in the Northern or other English Deaneries. Thus, if your first choice is Northern and your second is Scotland, you may want to wait until you have had an offer from us before replying to an offer from Scotland.

We can only make round 1 offers for any specialty after we have completed the round 1b interviews for that specialty. Unfortunately this means that some trainees will receive offers earlier than others, so do not worry if you hear nothing on May 21st.

Nancy Redfern

Specialty Dean Director

I would imagine not through MTAS...

Interesting!!!. You could hold a scottish offer until you get a Northern offer. But can u hold a northern deanery offer from 21/05 to 08/06 for another offer from an English deanery??

dont see any reason why u cant. but dont quote me!!

any news?

i thnk they are still conducting interviews

round 1 b 2

Interesting!!!. You could hold a scottish offer until you get a Northern offer. But can u hold a northern deanery offer from 21/05 to 08/06 for another offer from an English deanery??

yes you would have been able to, but no offers can be made til the outcome of the judicial review so they can't offer yet.

Newcastle offers are tomorrow, good luck for those who applied there

Interviews are still going on I thought. :o

Newcastle offers are tomorrow, good luck for those who applied there

Round 1c interviews (for out-of-deanery candidates who applied for Northern as first choice and who missed 1b) will be held tomorrow

st4 adult and old age were done on the 9th

I don't understand, does that mean we will find out tommorow if we have got an offer or not? I had an interview for ST2 but didn;t put it down as my first choice

first choice doesn't matter. offers will be relayed to the top x applicants (where x= number of posts available) at each level by each uoa at some point between now and the 8th june. if they send letters out it could take a couple of days for them to get to you.

first choice doesn't matter. offers will be relayed to the top x applicants (where x= number of posts available) at each level by each uoa at some point between now and the 8th june.  if they send letters out it could take a couple of days for them to get to you.

Would the list of successful applicants be available on the respective deanery websites as well??

Any info on this J?

first choice doesn't matter. offers will be relayed to the top x applicants (where x= number of posts available) at each level by each uoa at some point between now and the 8th june.  if they send letters out it could take a couple of days for them to get to you.

Would the list of successful applicants be available on the respective deanery websites as well??

Any info on this J?

no i don't think they will post those details on deanery websites. i've not seen anything to say they will and it hasn't been done before so i don't think it will happen.

so people can have multiple offers

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one

Some Acute specialities have been offered jobs late Saturday morning.

Surprised me................ as it is unusual for the Deanery to be working during the weekend..........it really not in keeping with their reputation.

Still phoning around but no Psych offers yet..........Do keep us posted ..

Fingers crossed.

That means job offers can come out any time.

Of course they must be working overtime to get everyone in by august.

Some Acute specialities have been offered jobs late Saturday morning.

Surprised me................ as it is unusual for the Deanery to be working during the weekend..........it really not in keeping with their reputation.

Still phoning around but no Psych offers yet..........Do keep us posted ..

Fingers crossed.

Did they call up or mail on sat morning?

Does anybody know when ST2 offers are out? Are they already out?!