Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chrispell

FTSTA at ST4 level?

8 posts in this topic

Hi this is a bit of a rant, but:

I've been offered an FTSTA post today for ST4 entry level in west scotland. Not that that should be possible, given there were never meant to be any FTSTA posts at ST4 level anywhere.

I've essentially been forced to accept a job that I did not apply for, as the deanery folk said that if I reject any MTAS offer, then my name is removed from the lists of rankings. I may yet be 'upgraded' to a full ST post I guess, but if I'm not then I'm stuck in a job that I didn't even apply for. WTF?!?!?!

Has this happened to anypne else?

congrats chris! It is a bit strange though- never heard of FTSTA Iin ST4! But with MMC- anything is possible. Have they given u time to accept or reject? I think it is better to accept- better than being unemployed

I've been offered an FTSTA post today for ST4 entry level in west scotland. Not that that should be possible, given there were never meant to be any FTSTA posts at ST4 level anywhere.

I've essentially been forced to accept a job that I did not apply for, as the deanery folk said that if I reject any MTAS offer, then my name is removed from the lists of rankings. I may yet be 'upgraded' to a full ST post I guess, but if I'm not then I'm stuck in a job that I didn't even apply for. WTF?!?!?!

So does that mean Scotlaand has started offering FTSTAs now? I was told that they wont be coming out until the 10th June -

there is one ftsta job ga st4

as seen on the mmc scotland web site

ps chris what is your rank

can u kindly let me know

I've no idea what they are doing with FTSTAs. There weren't any at ST4 when I originally applied, the website says there is one, and I was told by the admin people that there are 3. I was also told different numbers of acceptance/rejection for ST4 than are on the MMC Scotland website now.

Scotland has apparently offered down to about 20/21 on the list of rankings for ST4 general adult psych.

chris

this may not have been what you asked for but then that doesnt necessarily make it less of a good thing... and with the way things are going in scotland, i would be more than hopeful that you will get ST4 (i.e an upgrade)

so CONGRATULATIONS (in anticipation)

My only hope would be an upgrade, which is why I had to accept it. But if I'm not upgraded I'd have serious reservations about taking up the post. 1) I didn't apply for it, 2) Realistically how many ST5 posts will be offered next year for me to get back into training, 3) It's 200 miles from where I currently live, 4) I've got an interview for a Staf Grade in my own local hospital.

I'm also wondering about the legality of forcing me to accept a job I didn't apply for in order to remain in the system.

I know many people are in a far worse situation, and I accept that I am fortunate to be offered something, but I just don't think we should be saying that any of this is acceptable.

It would be an obligation to work only after you have signed a contract .So you should not have any difficulty to reject ftsta. Hopefully you will get ST4. Good luck.