Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
samer

Any ST4 starting late than 1st of August

5 posts in this topic

hello everyone,

I'm wondering if any ST4 (adult or others) is starting after the 1st of August as myself it would much better for me to start on the 1st of September and want to know if this happening somewhere else and what are the deanaries saying about that?

thanks

samer

I suspect that given this is a national training programme running to a national timeline and our contracts all end on the 31st of July that the answer will be no. However if there are any in round two then maybe. I suspect that there are many people who would snap up an ST4 post and be able to start on the 1st August. If you have been offered one then it doesn't make sense to reject it on the basis of the starting date.

I am wondering if the deaneries will still be able to hold to the aug 1st start date, with CRB checks etc. Until I know, I can't really hand in my notice. This then means it will be even harder to start on Aug 1st if neccessary.

you are not alone. there are thousands of people in your position. in st2, st3 and st4. My trust expects 3 months notice. But for starting ST4 on Aug1 there is exemption. Just discuss with your medical staffing and your medical director. there is no problem.

in my case i was told its not possible for them to let me go before sept ( without complete 3 months notice). this is due to the fact that there is absolutely no way they can manage the unit without doctors as quite a few of them r leaving.

i spoke to medical staffing at the deanery but the lady was a bit confused as she put it they never had such experience before . but it should not affect my job. she wanted me to put it in writing that i cant start on august and explain the reasons.

will see.