Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colorado

LONDON REOFFERS 12th June

18 posts in this topic

Is it possible that No one has received a re offer yet. Is there a number we could phone up and find from?

I would like to know if I am even eligible for an ST2. Why wont they give us ranks? Atleast I'd be at peace you know and plan ahead. Like with Scotland for example i KNEW i didn't stand a chance based on my rank and now I am at peace with Scotland.

Do you see what i mean?

Is it possible that No one has received a re offer yet. Is there a number we could phone up and find from?

I would like to know if I am even eligible for an ST2. Why wont they give us ranks? Atleast I'd be at peace you know and plan ahead. Like with Scotland for example i KNEW i didn't stand a chance based on my rank and now I am at peace with Scotland.

Do you see what i mean?

I totally agree and am in the same boat with London. Transparent process....phoooiiiii When? At the end of it all?

I take it no one's been offered a post yet then huh?

Some Titbits I got from the london/kss deanery.

[highlight]We have checked with the centre. Information on scores & ranking will not be released until the end of the process. This will be at the end of Round 2.

Best wishes,

MMC Team

London Deanery

LondonKSSapps@londondeanery.ac.uk[/highlight]

Here's another one. i am sure you can see i have been trying desperately....

[highlight]For those who have accepted our offer, or are holding and subsequently

accept, we will let you know before the end of June the details of your

first placement. Matching in London will be done on the basis of your

preferences, interview ranking, educational and service requirements. At

this stage, we are not able to give you details of your individual

ranking.[/highlight]

And finally,

[highlight]Training posts we offered by interview ranking i.e. If there were 100 run through posts and 50 FTSTAs the top 100 candidates would be offered run through training and the fifty below them would be offered FTSTAs. So at this moment in time we are unable to offer you a run through training post.

However, Doctors who have been offered posts are currently replying to their offers and in the event of a refusal that post is then offered to the next most eligible applicant in terms of their interview ranking (this can include doctors on FTSTAs being offered run through posts). This process occurs from the 11th to the 20th of June.

If you have accepted an FTSTA offer as part of round one, you may hold onto this offer into round 2 and still be able to compete for run-through training places in this second round.

Best Wishes

MMC Team[/highlight]

I thought people coming for some kind of information update on these pages will atleast get to read something. I really wish something happened soon, that way i'd atleast do something about my mortgage etc. Does anyone know how i feel?? :-[

. I really wish something happened soon, that way i'd atleast do something about my mortgage etc. Does anyone know how i feel??

I share your view, this whole MTAS business had been shambolic and very unfair to us; we need time to sort ourselves out. These people are running round in circles and playing with our psyche.

Same here... London was my only interview and did not get any offers :'(

Same here... London was my only interview and did not get any offers  :'(

I thought people coming for some kind of information update on these pages will atleast get to read something. I really wish something happened soon, that way i'd atleast do something about my mortgage etc. Does anyone know how i feel??

Yes, many of us know how you feel. Pretty much the same as me..

I was being optimistic given my -amazing CV! :-/ and only applied for where I wanna be, that is in London ST4 GA.

Given the large number of posts potentially available I thought I had a good chance and my Consultant certainly agreed to it. With the old system, I would have ' guaranteed success at interview I've been told.'

No offers yet, and by the sound of it no offers will come given the huge amount of people on waiting list.

I wonder:

I was selected at first round for interview, when the ratio was higher.... I had a much better chance before the 1b round. Round 1b was set up for fairness to give a first choice chance to all. What about those who only had one choice? Where is the fairness?

Nevermind. I can be a Staff Grade forever after all.. easier life.

BTW, Anyone at all received any re-offers from London yet?

It is still unclear to me....

:-*

At least, Carlo, you can do staff grade.

I only need one more job to be able to sit my part 2. This job should be C&A or LD.

Applied for ST3 in London and received no offers. Selected in round 1a. At that point I stood a good chance. Then 1b people who had perfectly rehearsed all the answers came in and this definetely was a disavantage for people like me and you. I dont mean to blame anybody apart from MTAS.

Apparently I will never be able to sit Part 2 .

And apparently there will be no round 2 for London as all the posts seem to be filled.

Soon we will read 'All offers accepted'

If I am lucky I may get a staff grade in Adult or Old Age (which I guess must already be highly competitive).

Or maybe I can become a waitress or a tube driver :(

Applied for ST3 in London and received no offers. Selected in round 1a. At that point I stood a good chance. Then 1b people who had perfectly rehearsed all the answers came in and this definetely was a disavantage for people like me and you. I dont mean to blame anybody apart from MTAS.

You know what, wanderlust? The more I think about it the more I feel that this was highly wrong and highly illegal.

perhaps this is the foothold to a legal action that may have a chance to win.

In any case, let's not despair.. rationally I believe that somehow they will accomodate most of us, it's just the uncertainty that bugs, and having to be prepared to move in the countryside.

I feel like they are treating us like supermarket ware.

Disgusting.

hi wanderlust

i'm also in the same position - had interview round 1a and give it my most preference and didnt get any offers. i dont know what to do really

Dear Wanderlust,

dont loose heart, i was in same situation as u until 11 am, i have done 30 months but none of the developmental psychiatry posts,

I have recieved an offer of FTSTA today so i am relieved, but was looking at options without that.

I had called up the Royal college and they said even if i dont have a job in august , i could still take the exam in september, so had started preparing.

i was also applying for Staff Grades especially in Child and Adolescent and think that it would have sufficed.

So keep your chin up, something will definitely come up.

Thanks for your support guys, it really makes a difference... What a relief not to be alone!

And congrats Pirate!!!! You must be in Cloud 9!!

For the rest of us, I guess life cannot be s**t forever. This madness will at some point come to an end.

I hope by that time I am still in London, where I live, work and want to be.

But as this seems to be unlikely, i will be happy if at least I am still chasing my dream.

:) :) :)

And by the way, Pirate, did you receive an FTSTA offer from London deanery?

it was wessex,

i have mixed feelings, i am relieved but cant say that i am happy, as my mates havent got it.

Did anyone hear from LONDON DEANERY about ST4 old age re-offers yet?

:-/

Hi, am among those not applying for any posts.

But just heard that my husband has got a ST4 Old Age offer from London /KSS.

He accepted ST4 GA from EoE last Sunday.

Was told he has a high rank and they have been extremely nice to him - the process seemed much more transparent .

He is worried - if he accepts London/KSS will there from legal implications from EoE...

Any thoughts?